Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyola Professor Calls Cops on Student Because He’s Wearing His Police Unifirm

It is a damn shame false 911 calls aren't answered with a sharp crack over the head and a heavy fine.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What is the crime or potential crime the caller was worried about?
    I don't think a lot of people these days think like that. Emergency phone service is a "dial-a-mommy number" to these people.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    If I was the responding officer and there was a statute I could charge the professor with I would have done so immediately.
    We have a misdemeanor charge here that is basically for misuse of 911. I have written that one out a few times myself. Unfortunately, if they use the non-emergency number for the department, there is not much we can do.
    Polite Professional

Yet.....if someone felt uncomfortable with a dude in a man dress and angry Islam beard, it would be a hate crime.....weird. Or two dudes French kissing, or women breast feeding uncovered in public, or burning a flag or not excerising proper etiquette during the playing of the National Anthem......all of those are "just suck it up" to the liberals, yet the sight of a uniformed police officer now requires a safe space and a teddy bear. My gosh the greatest generation must be embarrassed by what we have allowed to happen in this country.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-12-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Yet.....if someone felt uncomfortable with a dude in a man dress and angry Islam beard, it would be a hate crime.....weird.
    Normal / Safe

Not Normal / Unsafe

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    "dial-a-mommy"
    I'm stealing that. Thanks.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It is a damn shame false 911 calls aren't answered with a sharp crack over the head and a heavy fine.
    I carried this Sap while overseas. It is truly a shame that they are no longer used in LE today.

They leave a lasting impression on recipients.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    They leave a lasting impression on recipients.
    I see what you did there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Headline: "Students Call Cops on Cop That is a Student."

According to other articles I've read, it was a student that complained, and the professor then called campus security to see what the policy was. From the Inquisitr:

Being in full uniform, Collins was indeed armed with his registered weapon, and it was the first time that anyone in the class knew what he did for a living. Shortly after arriving, one of his classmates told the professor, who has not been named, that they were extremely uncomfortable and complained to the professor about having “an armed police officer” in the class.
    The university later issued a statement to "clarify" what happened:

A student in the class saw another student with a firearm, and during a class break said something to the teacher. The teacher contacted campus security to determine university policy. Campus security directed the teacher to confirm that the student with the firearm works in law enforcement. The teacher confirmed that the student worked in law enforcement and the class resumed at the end of the break.
    Ridiculous, whatever the sequence of events were.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I hope he's able to legally carry concealed on campus on his non-uniform days as well. When I attended UNLV even off duty police officers weren't permitted to carry on campus.

I'd be very thankful knowing there was a uniformed, armed, police officer in every class with my children.

User Tag List