Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22LR optic

I just picked up the Bushy AR 2-7 with 22LR reticle.
    http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflesc...tics/2-7x-32mm

It is certainly not as refined of an optic as I am usually accustomed to, but the price was right (right around $100 shipped on Amazon I think).
    It's a little heavy at 19.6oz, as its main competitor (for my application) was the Leupy Ultralight 2-7x at 8.5oz.
    In the end, cost and BDC won over weight and refinement. But, it's going on a S&W M&P 15/22 for the kid's riflecraft progression and future use for walkin' around and schwacking stuff.

I mounted it in an Aero Precision 1" Ultralight mount:
    http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ultralig...ope-mount.html
    Doing it again, I would opt for the SPR version;
    http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ultralig...ope-mount.html
    as the available mounting space on the optic tube is just about equal to the length of the mount. Pushing the optic a little more forward would also be a little better for head positioning.

Will report back.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 12-12-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

This looks like a good place to show off my new .22 trainer:

Savage Mark II FV-SR
    Midway Metal chassis
    Scope: BSA Mil/Mil FFP 4-14x44 ($300)
    AAC Element II

Name:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  35.2 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-12-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

MK II FV-SR with Nikon 4x fixed power. Very good to 50yds. One inch squares are rather small at 100yds at 4x. However, its not a primary paper puncher its more of a do all .22. RAR 22WMR with a 3x9 EFR Nikon that stays on 9x is much easier at 100yds. The reticle is absolutely wonderful as well. Both of these guns get asked to do everything and they do it well. However, I were looking for a dedicated target shooter I would lean towards higher magnification. I have a SWFA 10x that is a pretty sweet scope (for the price) as well. A point to ponder, as i have drifted towards finer cross haired reticles I have noticed that they are a bit more difficult to see in low light situations.

Have this scope from primary arms. Fixed power, BDC reticle for hitting cans, birds, rabbits, etc... So awesome on my Ruger takedown...

Cheap, but good quality... Fun gear, really.

https://www.amazon.com/Primary-Arms-.../dp/B00WMYD4R8

Thanks all for the thoughts. Sounds like the 2-7 is a popular option!

I'm going to check out a few models in person and see what the glass is like in person. Thanks, everyone!

I also have a 1.5x4 Leupold on a M&P 15-22. I was looking through it on 4X at 50 yards today. 4X isn't enough for smaller targets. Might be OK for a Coke can, but nothing smaller. As Tim Taylor says; More Power.

I'm also huge fan of the 2-7s on .22 rifles. I have a older Burris mini (CZ American), Bushnell Elite 3200 (Browning Tbolt) and at least 2 Redfield Revolutions (CZ Scout & TC Contender carbine). The Redfield has been a great scope for the price. I leave all my variables on 4-5 most of the time but the ability to dial up to 7 on a .22 for headshots is nice.

Site Supporter
    I have 3 .22 rifles with optics on them currently. None of the optics are expensive or spectacular- just enough to have fun with. I have a BSA fixed 4x on a little Marlin single shot youth rifle, a Tasco Buck-something 3-9 on my old 10/22, and a Bushnell 3-9x40 on my Savage MKII FV. I just leave that one on 9x most of the time - it has a POI shift when going between power levels.

I have been debating a nicer scope on the Savage for years, and this thread has nearly gotten me in trouble with Home 6 because I'm shopping for that again.

Whatever I get will have a top power level of at least 10x, and will most probably be mid teens. But it might be a fixed 10. And that rifle will probably get a good stock this coming year, too.

The Tasco will stay on the 10/22 for the foreseeable future.

For more magnification, this is also a popular (and excellent) choice - http://swfa.com/Weaver-4-16x42-Class...cope-P587.aspx

I have a Redfield Revolution 2-7 on my CZ 452 American. Great combo . 2x is enough for squirrels in thick woods and 7x is good for golf balls at 100 yds.

CZs don't have a lot of bolt clearance. If you want to use medium rings avoid any scopes with bulky fast focus eyepieces like Nikon.

User Tag List