Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columbia MO PF shooters

Columbia MO PF shooters

I got to shoot today with Breakingtime91. A couple of months ago ER STL came out for a bit.

Both are good guys and I look forward to shooting with them again.

Anyone else near Columbia MO? I'm in the area for a bit and thought I should check and see if anyone else likes to shoot.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I got to shoot today with Breakingtime91. A couple of months ago ER STL came out for a bit.

Both are good guys and I look forward to shooting with them again.

Anyone else near Columbia MO? I'm in the area for a bit and thought I should check and see if anyone else likes to shoot.:-)
    Thanks again for having me. Had a great time and learned a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thanks again for having me. Had a great time and learned a lot!
    It was my pleasure, anytime.

Also, I'm really glad we shot in the cold. I haven't trained as much in the cold lately as I should and it was a good reminder to do so. Gloves and tac gear are totally different than gloves and ccw. Very good reminder.

Road trip, I'll be there in 10 hours and 27 ish minutes. Y'all should move to Georgia we have cold weather too. I shot in the local indoor range yesterday and with the vent fans going it was an Arctic warfare training center for sure lol.

I know I hijacked sorry but yeah there needs to be more regional P-F member shooting group action to me no matter the region!

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Road trip, I'll be there in 10 hours and 27 ish minutes. Y'all should move to Georgia we have cold weather too. I shot in the local indoor range yesterday and with the vent fans going it was an Arctic warfare training center for sure lol.

I know I hijacked sorry but yeah there needs to be more regional P-F member shooting group action to me no matter the region!
    Ok, see you in 9 hours or so. Just let me know when you get here.

I'm just a bit down 70 in O'Fallon

Quote Originally Posted by Newportl View Post
    I'm just a bit down 70 in O'Fallon
    Come on up.

Gloves are pretty brutal on pistol shooting. The Outdoor Research hot weather gloves are the easiest I've used to shoot like near barehanded vs Camelback's, Mechanix, and nomex flight gloves.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Gloves are pretty brutal on pistol shooting. The Outdoor Research hot weather gloves are the easiest I've used to shoot like near barehanded vs Camelback's, Mechanix, and nomex flight gloves.
    I find that from a tac rig (ALS, in this case, but SLS before that) I can shoot pretty much exactly the same with or without gloves. I used mil flight gloves for years, and never found them wanting, but as soon as i switched to PIG gloves, everything improved. I find the mechanix to not work as well as the flight gloves for me, but nothing comes close to the pig. I think the different finger length and thickness really changes things between people, way more than the glove size would indicate.

I haven't tried the OR hot weather gloves. Have you tried the PIG?

From concealment, I definitely lost something with gloves on compared to bare hand. The problem is, I don't really know how much was the glove,how much the extra layers added, and how much was the cold:-) Probably doesn't matter though...

The other thing though, is that I used to wear out a set of flight gloves every month. My PIG gloves last way longer, but are still definitely highly disposable when training/deploying at a high tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I find that from a tac rig (ALS, in this case, but SLS before that) I can shoot pretty much exactly the same with or without gloves. I used mil flight gloves for years, and never found them wanting, but as soon as i switched to PIG gloves, everything improved. I find the mechanix to not work as well as the flight gloves for me, but nothing comes close to the pig. I think the different finger length and thickness really changes things between people, way more than the glove size would indicate.

I haven't tried the OR hot weather gloves. Have you tried the PIG?

From concealment, I definitely lost something with gloves on compared to bare hand. The problem is, I don't really know how much was the glove,how much the extra layers added, and how much was the cold:-) Probably doesn't matter though...

The other thing though, is that I used to wear out a set of flight gloves every month. My PIG gloves last way longer, but are still definitely highly disposable when training/deploying at a high tempo.
    Which gloves are you speaking of? There's a hot pursuit OR pair and too many Pig styles to mention. I can't find a good blend of dexterity and warmth yet. The best I've found, that aren't warm enough are Heritage gloves, which are cold weather horseback riding gloves [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List