Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Secret CIA Report - Russians Intervened in Election

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    And, to add more confusion to this whole mess:

Ex-British ambassador who is now a WikiLeaks operative claims Russia did NOT provide Clinton emails - they were handed over to him at a D.C. park by an intermediary for 'disgusted' Democratic whistleblowers

Mix that up with this, from yesterday: Intelligence officials refuse to brief House panel on Russian hacking.

If somebody wanted to make sure the American public couldn't tell which way was up, it couldn't have been done any better.
    Exponentially entertaining!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us...T.nav=top-news

"Yared Tamene, the tech-support contractor at the D.N.C. who fielded the call, was no expert in cyberattacks. His first moves were to check Google for “the Dukes” and conduct a cursory search of the D.N.C. computer system logs to look for hints of such a cyberintrusion. By his own account, he did not look too hard even after Special Agent Hawkins called back repeatedly over the next several weeks — in part because he wasn’t certain the caller was a real F.B.I. agent and not an impostor.
    'I had no way of differentiating the call I just received from a prank call,' Mr. Tamene wrote in an internal memo, obtained by The New York Times, that detailed his contact with the F.B.I."
    As I've said repeatedly: Hire dumbfucks who don't know how to secure systems and who don't even have the sense to maybe take some sort of remedial action when the fucking FBI calls them and tells them their systems are behaving suspiciously, and you cannot be the tiniest bit surprised at the outcome.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

As I've said repeatedly: Hire dumbfucks who don't know how to secure systems and who don't even have the sense to maybe take some sort of remedial action when the fucking FBI calls them and tells them their systems are behaving suspiciously, and you cannot be the tiniest bit surprised at the outcome.
    I love the smell of cynicism in the morning...it smells like reality!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

There's a new breed of IT folks out there, who barley know their way around a Windows GUI and have no clue as to what goes on at the lower levels. At my last IT job, we had a Windows guy (we were predominantly Unix, Mac OS and some Linux. Windows was for the financial software). He had no clue what a TCP port was, and why I was interested in all the weird ports open on one of his servers after I ran a port scan on it. While playing with some sort of Netstat tool on that suspect box, I found some weird connection to an ISP in Toronto Canada. As we had no offices in Canada or anyone traveling there, I convinced our boss to make him reimage the whole thing. He seemed pissed as he still really didn't understand what the fuss was about. When I started doing Internet related stuff, you had to know everything from the ground up to even get anything to work. Now there's a level of abstraction with newer systems that allows you do basic chores, and know nothing about what goes on under the hood.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 12-16-2016 at 12:42 PM.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...n-interference

Now we're going to respond! Based on the mere assertion that Russia is responsible, based on the secret evidence that only (some) Democrats can see. Which raises the question, Has Hillary been briefed on this? Clearly she'd be an interested party, but what would the legal basis be for preferentially briefing her while refusing to do the same for Congress?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post

Now we're going to respond! Based on the mere assertion that Russia is responsible, based on the secret evidence that only (some) Democrats can see. Which raises the question, Has Hillary been briefed on this? Clearly she'd be an interested party, but what would the legal basis be for preferentially briefing her while refusing to do the same for Congress?
    Obama's got about 35 days to start a war for Trump to deal with.
    War with the Ruskies will distract everyone from how great America is getting, so Obama's tenure won't look like the shitstain it was, in comparison.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post

Unbelievable. Do we have to keep reposting that cartoon of Hil on the bicycle? The complete lack of some on the left to take any responsibility for the results of their own actions, combined with disfunctional levels of self-importance ("personal beef") is mesmerizing.

And this quote from O: "In the NPR interview, Obama said the alleged Russian hacking had succeeded in roiling the election because it created “more problems for the Clinton campaign than it had for the Trump campaign.”

No shit, Sherlock. It created more problems for CampC because they had exponentially more buried skeletons. At least Obama was quick to point out that "hacks" (if that's what they were) were not the only factor in the Clinton loss—no doubt the voice of experience from once opposing the Cmachine himself.

Crimny. From the halls of academia, to the mad media scramble to monetize pulling their heads out of their own butts, to moveon emails proclaiming that "94 percent of their members have voted to demand the EC recall Trump: it's become clear that there are no fine lines between cluelessness, horrific bad sportsmanship, entitlement, and clinical/sub-clinical/criminal psychopathy.

Still not surprised; most def amazed though. /rant

Taken in consideration of this tidbit from during the election:

Assange implies murdered DNC staffer was WikiLeaks' source

. "As a 27-year-old, works for the DNC, was shot in the back, murdered just a few weeks ago for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington."
    Police have said they believe the motive was robbery, and that there is no evidence Rich's murder was connected to his work. But Rich's father has said the 4 a.m. murder, in which Rich was shot several times from behind, did not appear to be a robbery, as his son's wallet and watch were not taken.
    Attachment 12376
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Name:  9uxCmZi.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  58.0 KB

User Tag List