Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beretta G-Conversion Lever

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Use a plastic bag to contain small, missile-like parts...
    All I had was a brown plastic grocery bag which really limited my visibility! Of course when trying to manipulate it to see what I was doing I sent my plunger into orbit [emoji23].

Terrible video but I'm happy with the conversion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnG...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Use a plastic bag to contain small, missile-like parts...
    With my two large paws, tools, and a 92 slide that works for shit. I suppose I could get a really large bag and stand inside it until the air runs out, but I'd rather do Beretta work unprotected. If you know where the detents/springs are, and which way they come out, it's not hard to stop them from being missiles. For me the real risk of launching them is during reassembly.

My best advice is that if you haven't done this before, watch videos and see how a 92 comes apart. To put in the G parts, follow the written instructions from Beretta. They were easier than the "easy G conversion" video I watched.

So my Brigadier is now a G.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

UPS stopped by earlier today, with my G levers.. I had taken the safety/decock levers out earlier this morning, so all I had to do was reassemble. I watched the video several times, and everything went together just fine, no launching of detents,(put the left side detent in with the slide in a gallon zip-lock bag) no lost parts, works perfectly, Now, I have a Inox Vertec G...
    Last edited by ralph; 12-16-2016 at 04:57 PM.

I got my two G levers on Friday, I know myself well enough that I should not be allowed inside guns to the point where springs can come flying out ( I also should not be allowed to have possession of power tools and should be required to get a tax stamp for my dremel tool, but I digress) so I'm taking them to my buddies shop to have them installed, Will soon have a M9A3G and a M9A1 Compact G........

Installed a G-kit in my Inox Compact without issue. Very nice.
    Now I have a Compact G.

Sorry to ask, but does anyone have a picture of the left side of the new lever vs. a stock FS lever? I just wonder how much wider it is.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Nice. I have an old 92F with the Surefire rail adapter that I wouldn't mind keeping as a truck gun. Putting one of those on that gun will work just fine for that purpose.

I would love to hear back in a couple months about how this is working. I've a friend that wants a 92G but as we all know they're vaporware again, so getting a 92FS and these parts would give him what he wants. I'm concerned mostly about making sure there's no functionality issues, and if people would have any concerns with carrying their FS->G.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Sorry to ask, but does anyone have a picture of the left side of the new lever vs. a stock FS lever? I just wonder how much wider it is.
    When I get back my 92FS from my smith this weekend (yup it has a busted hammer release lever), I will take a picture of each lever out of the gun as I have one other G lever set ready to go into a gun.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List