Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 194: Five Twenty Five

That is some good shooting AJ. Not picking on you, but you know that dot and comp helped! :-)

I've been enjoying shooting my Roland, and will likely try this test tomorrow. First with my stock carry gun, then with my Roland. I know how that will play out...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    That is some good shooting AJ. Not picking on you, but you know that dot and comp helped! :-)

I've been enjoying shooting my Roland, and will likely try this test tomorrow. First with my stock carry gun, then with my Roland. I know how that will play out...:-)
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Site Supporter
    Equipment used: stock Sig P320, factory holster, concealment vest
    Number of overtime shots: 2
    Total score out of the possible: 20 hits - 2 overtime = 18
    Observations: This was my third run at this drill. First run on another range trip with Steyr L9 abandoned because of malfunctions and distractions. First run with brand new (to me) Sig P320 yielded 4 overtime shots. Couldn't find stock P320 front night sight and index very different from Steyr. But once dialed in, accuracy and split times were surprisingly (OMG, OMG, HIGH BORE AXIS!!!) good. Great, another platform change cash vortex is at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

So how did it play out?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Gen3 G34, concealed in a Keeper under a polo shirt
    No overtime shots
    23/25
    Guess I shoulda aimed a bit lower. Or better.
    [Img]20161221_172839 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  32.2 KB

This is harder than it should be if you forget your patch cable to plug your phone into your electronic ears so you can hear the beep from your timer app. LOL

Lacking an audible start signal, I held the phone in my left hand so I could see when the timer started and did three runs SHO. It was awkward, and I had a client appointment i didn't want to be late for, so I quit. I should have finished - there were only two rounds off paper. The times were slow, though. Lots of shots were over the par. I didn't count, though - I was mostly just seeing if I could do it.

SIG SP2022, leather OWB, covered under an open front heavy shirt. Outside temp about 62 F. I'll try it again later this week when I can get set up better.

Quick question on the dotw.... if a shooters skill level isn't where he can do these at 25 yards is it acceptable to do them at say 15 or 20 yards?

Also what if I'm at a range that doesn't allow drawing from a holster? Is shooting from low ready acceptable?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Not Mr White, but from past conversations i gather that whatever modifications are necessary to allow you to participate are ok. Just note the conditions in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Shot it with a G19 from open OWB.

No overtime shots, shot some bigly under 6.0.

19 hits

Key observations:

Yep, I still dislike shooting within a par time.

It's a lot harder than it reads.
    Same OWB.

G17 - 17 hits

G26 - 15 hits

G19 with KKM comp - 14 hits

Dayim.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Equipment used: G19 w/RMR07 and OEM stock barrel firing Fed 147gr FMJ AE9FP; JMC AIWB holster under a Gore-Tex rain jacket, fleece vest, and untucked shirt (it was raining and cold).
    Number of overtime shots: 0
    Total score out of the possible: 24 out of 25 (fumbled a draw and tried to make up for it by getting on the trigger too fast and put one a bit high left of the target)
    Observations/anything you noticed: With the RMR on my pistol, longer range drills like this are actually easier than close-up stuff, however, I tended to shoot this too drill too fast (approx 4 sec per string) and needed to slow down a bit and use more of the 6 sec allowed.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 01-02-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List