Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BJJ in a weapons based environment

Was that shot on a Betamax video camera or did my screen drop its resolution 1000% again?

I wish I was comfortable being that close to other men. Until that happens, I'll have to stick to boxing where we maintain a more professional distance.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Was that shot on a Betamax video camera or did my screen drop its resolution 1000% again?

I wish I was comfortable being that close to other men. Until that happens, I'll have to stick to boxing where we maintain a more professional distance.
    Keep saying that to yourself the next time you clinch and hold a man [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

You mean how one of my coaches is always trying to get me to blade more: "It's like we're dancing...". Uh, no I'm trying not to get my ass kicked by a former amateur champion and paid sparring partner for de la Hoya and mayweather... *you* might be dancing...

Keep saying that to yourself the next time you clinch and hold a man
    It's very temporary, and usually accompanied by cheap shots

Some even below the belt [emoji6]

I love the effectiveness of BJJ and truly wish I could get into it but every time I watch it I just cant' get myself to try it out. It's my loss, I know. Kudos to masters like Cecil sharing their knowledge on the interwebz, we are all the better for it.

I love the effectiveness of BJJ and truly wish I could get into it but every time I watch it I just cant' get myself to try it out. It's my loss, I know. Kudos to masters like Cecil sharing their knowledge on the interwebz, we are all the better for it.
    If you're looking to round out your self defense package, then you cannot pass up on ECQC, Cecil, and/or some local BJJ. Even if it's purely to remind yourself of what a real problem it is being too close to men.

If you don't care to round it out, then that's your prerogative. FYI: there is no snark, jab or hook in my remarks, JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    If you're looking to round out your self defense package, then you cannot pass up on ECQC, Cecil, and/or some local BJJ. Even if it's purely to remind yourself of what a real problem it is being too close to men.
    The last time I had that problem I was wrestling on the floor with a drunk 275 lb. Miami-Dade detective lieutenant in a PBA bar after he had started an altercation with some female support staff from my agency. Fortunately, there were no beans and franks involved, no guns were drawn and nobody had their teeth kicked out while on the ground. (One gal from my office said that I looked like Ahab riding the white whale when I rolled on top of him.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I know, I need psychotherapy or something. ECQC is coming to our area next year and we have, I think, a pretty good BJJ/Muay Thai gym in town. So many opportunities...

Don't make this awkward

User Tag List