Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP John Glenn

RIP John Glenn

John Glenn, the first American to orbit earth, and the last of the original Mercury astronauts has died today. John served in WWII and Korea as well. He was 95.

Site Supporter
    Hard to quantify how brave those guys were. It's cool to look at all the old pictures of him as a Marine fighter pilot.

A true American hero. Godspeed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Rest in peace sir. Truly one of my childhood heros.

RIP John Glenn

can someone please pm and explain how to embedd stuff?

John Glenn, true American hero and patriot. Fair winds and following seas Marine.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I remember that they played the launch over the school PA system.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Sorry to piss on anybody's parade for this guy, but there was another side to him. As a democrat Ohio senator he was one of the strongest advocates of gun control there ever was. He allied himself with senators Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd in their efforts back in the early 70's to try to push draconian gun control laws. Later he was a staunch opponent of Reagan's initiatives like missile defense, school choice and a host of other things.

So while I certainly credit his military service and participation in the space program, his left wing anti-rkba activism as an Ohio senator is nothing I can find to admire.

I remember all of that when it happened, and it was very disappointing to me as a young adult in the 70's to see someone I had looked up to suddenly become the opponent of so many things I strongly believed in.

Rest in Peace Sir !!!

RIP. A true original.

I think back to being a boy in the 70's and assumed that by now we'd have setup a colony on the moon, spacecraft to Jupiter, etc. Tis a shame that interest was lost.

Godspeed, John Glenn.
    Email me for fastest reply. No PM please.

Lum-Tec | Facebook | Instagram

User Tag List