Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon HD XR

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love the minutiae, but sights are over rated. Mostly, they just need to be regulated for POI, and not rip you and your clothing up.
    Man, that is the truth. Can Trijicon make a sight like my beloved and now discontinued Ameriglo Operator yellow rear / green front? I'd buy a bunch of those in a heartbeat.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Man, that is the truth. Can Trijicon make a sight like my beloved and now discontinued Ameriglo Operator yellow rear / green front? I'd buy a bunch of those in a heartbeat.
    You can still buy that set from AmeriGlo a la carte. I THINK Trijicon has that combo, but only in suppressor height.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You can still buy that set from AmeriGlo a la carte. I THINK Trijicon has that combo, but only in suppressor height.
    Thanks. I'll check, but last time I inquired I was told that they did not make them anymore.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks. I'll check, but last time I inquired I was told that they did not make them anymore.
    Correct, Ameriglo only offers the operator rear in green trit now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love the minutiae, but sights are over rated. Mostly, they just need to be regulated for POI, and not rip you and your clothing up.
    That's where I am these days. I shoot stock Sig night sights because they're already there.

Back when I used to shoot a lot of USPSA and IDPA I tried just about every combination of Glock sights you get and I don't think I ever really noticed any difference between any of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    They show up on my distributor web site as "coming soon" so they are in the system.
    Can you see what pistols they are available for?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That's where I am these days. I shoot stock Sig night sights because they're already there.

Back when I used to shoot a lot of USPSA and IDPA I tried just about every combination of Glock sights you get and I don't think I ever really noticed any difference between any of 'em.
    I think as long as you can't see them, it's a personal preference issue. I shot standard SIG and Glock night sights forever, Heinies, and just about everything else chasing performance and changing vision. Vision changes with age have been responsible for most of my sight changes. Now, at 61, a hi-vis front is mandatory for me to see. That's why I really like the HDs on my carry 226 and 239.

While I don't carry it much, I need to see about painting the front factory night sight on my old issue 228 and run some drills....because science.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-10-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    The high visibility front due to vision changes is what I'm after, and a thinner blade front definitely helps for precision for me. Those who can "aim small, miss small" with HDs.....more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The high visibility front due to vision changes is what I'm after, and a thinner blade front definitely helps for precision for me. Those who can "aim small, miss small" with HDs.....more power to you.
    The key for me with thick hi-vis is regulating them to top of the blade (or pumpkin). This helps a lot, for me. Both Trij and Ameriglo offer different hight fronts for SIGs and Glocks.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-10-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Can't spell and auto correct hats me:)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    What's your POA/POI with the HDs using the top of the blade? 6 o'clock or center hold? And shooting 9mm or.40? I'm stuck with .40 with 180 gr Winchester Ranger for now.....as in the next 5 years.

User Tag List