Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon HD XR

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hopefully the forum member from Trijicon follows this thread. Here are some things that would make this a great product.

Aggressively dehorn the rear sight.

Change the width of the rear notch, to pair with this thinner front.

Offer a standard and taller front or the Glock, to start, as I need a .230 almost always to regulate POA/POI.

One more thought. If the rear sight was just a tad shorter, meaning it did not extend quite as far rearward as the current one, it would keep the rear sight from printing as much, and keep the edge of the rear sight away from your clothing/skin.

Yes to all of the above. In fact, just make it short enough to be compatible with MOS slide dimensions so it will work with either version (I mean the the extent to which it extends beyond the dovetail to the rear of the slide, not the height).

Trijicon, please dehorn the piss out of your rear sight. I am looking at the start of a hole in a favorite new t shirt, after just one day's exposure to your rear sight.
    Couldn't wait, taking action tonight.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I went to run regular sights on a MOS 17 slide, and realize that the dovetail is further back, and as a result, many rear sights don't work. Then I happened upon this from 10-8:

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock...e1481251865410

Besides the MOS application, I bet this would work in a standard dovetail, providing a lower profile and being easier on skin and clothing.

I went to run regular sights on a MOS 17 slide, and realize that the dovetail is further back, and as a result, many rear sights don't work. Then I happened upon this from 10-8:

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock...e1481251865410

Besides the MOS application, I bet this would work in a standard dovetail, providing a lower profile and being easier on skin and clothing.
    I have no experience with that particular 10-8 sight but my experience with two Glocks with the standard 10-8 sights has been very favorable in that I stopped getting holes in my shirts. Their standard Glock rears are dehorned quite nicely and I'd imagine the others are similarly so.

I hope these become available soon. I'm read to try some higher visibility sights on my Sigs.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I hope these become available soon. I'm read to try some higher visibility sights on my Sigs.
    They show up on my distributor web site as "coming soon" so they are in the system.

Site Supporter
    You know, if they would lower the rear notch; we wouldn't need these front sights that are like.... 30~% taller.

I don't hear about reliability issues of the factory Glock sights just performance.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 12-09-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Greatly looking forward to trying these. I was one of those reading VDMs post about the Ameriglo FBI sights and desperately hoping for a Sig option. Love the visuals of the HDs, especially as my eyes get older. Started using a .115 red fiber front with a Warren/Sevigny rear on my game copy of my department gun......big difference on small targets at distance. Our armorer keeps telling me, "Yeah, but most of our shootings are like 7 yards, so HDs are great!" This does not give me the warm fuzzies, and he has been unwilling to sign the binding contract saying any shooting I am involved in will be less than 21 feet. Just can't get over that I feel like I'm aiming with a pumpkin on a fence post with the standard HDs.
    Last edited by AMC; 12-09-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Freaking autocorrect

I love the minutiae, but sights are over rated. Mostly, they just need to be regulated for POI, and not rip you and your clothing up.

I don't care for the rear sight, but should have a front soon to try out. We'll see.

User Tag List