Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon HD XR

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    For the 9mm guns, they use a .215 front sight. They do make different heights for the front if you issues with zero. Overall, I find the G34/35s to shoot higher and need a taller front.
    My G17s and G22 needed taller front sights as well.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Which ammo? I ask because I've found 147gr to impact 5 or so inches higher at 25 yards than 115gr pills. Drives me nuts when I have to train with one yet carry the other.
    I only shot my new 17 today. Duty ammo was a hair left and ball was a hair right. Basically poa, poi at 25 for elevation, and then a hair either way. Kind of annoying, but close enough, I suppose. :-(

I pushed my sights a round a bit, trying to get it all lined up, but the ball was always right and the duty was always left, so I split the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I only shot my new 17 today. Duty ammo was a hair left and ball was a hair right. Basically poa, poi at 25 for elevation, and then a hair either way. Kind of annoying, but close enough, I suppose. :-(

I pushed my sights a round a bit, trying to get it all lined up, but the ball was always right and the duty was always left, so I split the difference.
    Damn. I don't think I've experienced that before. I don't even know what to suggest. Lol!

Damn. I don't think I've experienced that before. I don't even know what to suggest. Lol!
    Tell me about it. Usually its an elevation issue. This is weird and annoying, but its literally like an inch left and and inch right.

My Berry's 124 reloads shoot 2.5 inches higher and 2.0 inches left of American Eagle 124 in my MOS 19 pistols at 25. In my USP 45 FS, Buffalo Bore 230 FMJ-FP Super ammo hits two inches left of my 230 ball and HST, at 25. In my AR9 PCC, Lawman 147 hits higher and 1.5 inches left of PMC 115. I see windage variation all the time, even in service pistols and service pistol calibers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Tell me about it. Usually its an elevation issue. This is weird and annoying, but its literally like an inch left and and inch right.
    That one's setup for gangsters. Turn it sideways, problem solved.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Sounds like a citizens academy demo gun to me. Definitely not for shooting hostage takers in the face. Lol!

Sounds like a citizens academy demo gun to me. Definitely not for shooting hostage takers in the face. Lol!
    It's a brand new program gun. Minus connector, if you get my meaning. Shoots very well, just not the same with both loads.

GJM,

The difference here though is that the ball load is 115 plus P, and the duty load is 147, so you would expect some vertical difference. With same weight loads, I've seen what you describe as well.

Shot dot torture at 7 yards and scored 48/50. Dropped two at the 5 SHO as I played a bit with my angle. Both shots went low at the 6 o'clock. Totally my fault and not the sights.

Started running my draw, 2 shots to the 3x5 at 7 yards with a 2 second par time. While I could occasionally get a sub 2 second set off, it was rare and it was never clean. To keep it clean I had to slow down to 2.20-2.30. My fastest time clean was a 2.15. For some reason I can't seem to keep both shots in the card when I push the gas a bit with these sights. Shooting again tomorrow so I'll push it some more and see. 60 degrees in N. Indiana in February is a gift from the shooting Gods!

I've been waiting for the FBI Ameriglo sights, but these Trijicons are tempting.

Good thing I spent my February gun money on holsters and reloading stuff

User Tag List