Thread: Surefire XC1-B

Surefire XC1-B

A couple of weeks ago I decided to begin carrying a light on my 19x after a lowlight class exposed various challenges with using a handheld light together with a pistol.

Bought an x300u and a phlster spotlight holster first. Great light but brutal to sit with for any extended period of time.

Today I bought an xc1b and this evening walked through the house in the dark with it. It’s significantly lower output and unfocused beam pales in comparison to the x300u, but it’s enough light to clear rooms and hallways, and together with a further-reaching handheld, makes for a great combination.

My tenicor sagax lux should be arriving on Friday, and expect it to be a very workable package.

Just like a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work, a bad weapon light is better than a good handheld light when it comes time to press the trigger. Of course, that leaves out a lot of details that require a lot more explanation.

There is a time and place for both, and I think it’s ideal to carry both, but that’s not reality for everyone. (Hand held is most versatile and therefore higher priority... somewhat)

In the world of compact (and full-size for that matter) WML’s, I think The Surefire models work better than the Streamlight series. The Streamlight has a better beam (for compacts), and their new switching system may be a big improvement, but under stress, I want something easy to access, and the TLR-7/8 sucks for me. The UI of both SF and SL compact lights (tap for constant, hold for momentary... nope...nope... NOPE) make me puke a little.

Compact weapon lights are on the move which is good, and one will be better equipped with any of them vs none of them, but they aren’t always necessary.

I will say this... anyone who says hand-held light tactics are important who also says a weapon light is useless Should be ignored.

As for your original post, I agree that the XC – 1B is about as close to ideal as you’re going to get based on your needs. It’s a good choice, and will serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    My tenicor sagax lux should be arriving on Friday, and expect it to be a very workable package.
    I would be very interested in your opinions on the Sagax Lux after you try it out. I didn't even know about it until your post.

Now that I’ve been using the new Sagax Lux holster for 2 days - I can honestly say that it is the most comfortable aiwb holster I’ve tried yet. More comfortable than 5 shot’s SME, and various other holsters I’ve worn over the years. And the fact that it allows me to carry a light is a further testament to its excellent design.

I just finished a 2hr hike with it and it was as great in that role as it was at a dinner out wearing a polo shirt, as it was driving around town.

User Tag List