Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Trijicon HD XR

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've been waiting for the FBI Ameriglo sights, but these Trijicons are tempting.

Good thing I spent my February gun money on holsters and reloading stuff
    I slightly prefer the xr sights, but they are close enough to each other that it doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Aaaaaaand......There goes my birthday money.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set or two but have a question: How well do the HD's match with the factory Sig sight numbers?

I ask because my long slide P220 is zeroed well with an 8 at the front and an 8 on the rear. This is different from what Trijicon recommends which is a 6 front and an 8 rear. Any insight?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

No insight on your question however if you want a different height front sight than what you originally bought you have to send your slide back to them OR buy a different height front if you will install it yourself. Per Sig CS yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a set or two but have a question: How well do the HD's match with the factory Sig sight numbers?

I ask because my long slide P220 is zeroed well with an 8 at the front and an 8 on the rear. This is different from what Trijicon recommends which is a 6 front and an 8 rear. Any insight?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post

John,

It's a small sample size but I have HDs on a 226, 228 and 239. All are 8/8 9mm guns. Each set duplicates POI for the factory night sights that were on them. The 226 is behind the dot with 124 +p and almost top of blade for 147s. The 239 is top of blade with 124+P and high with 147s, the 228 about the same as the 226. No change in POA/POI going from sig night sights to the HDs for these 3 guns.

Need to add these are the standard HDs and not the XR.
    Last edited by LSP552; 02-21-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Just swapped the factory Sig XRays on my P226 Legion for the orange HD XRs. Hopefully I'll get to the range Saturday. I'll give an update if I have one. If the trip goes well and the sights continue to hit behind the dot, I'm going to swap my other 2 Sigs to the orange HD XRs.
    Shoot more, post less...

ETA: HD XR front sights available here...

http://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon...ont-sight.html
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-25-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

New HD XR sights for MOS pistols. These are not suppressor height and so will not co-witness with MRDS sights, but they won't overhang the back of a MOS slide. Similar in concept to the Ameriglo Troopers.

GL614-C-601091: Trijicon HD XR™ Night Sight Set with MOS Fit Rear - Yellow Front Outline - for Glock® Pistols

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List