Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate Behavior While Carrying A Handgun?

Site Supporter
    It's not just angry people.

Some people have different cultures. There are several subcultures alive and well in the U.S. in which the appropriate response to a smart ass is a beat down. The recent PF thread on "The Educational Beat Down" provides many examples.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-07-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It's not just angry people.

Some people have different cultures. There are several subcultures alive and well in the U.S. in which the appropriate response to a smart ass is a beat down. The recent PF thread on "The Educational Beat Down" provides many examples.
    I missed that one what sub forum is it in please?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    "Don't fuck with people you don't know" has been a cardinal rule of mine for a loooong time.
    I try to avoid even interacting with people I don't know, but I understand that's not possible for everyone.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I missed that one what sub forum is it in please?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....onal-Beat-Down

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I try to avoid even interacting with people I don't know, but I understand that's not possible for everyone.

Okie John
    I try to avoid interacting with most of the people I do know

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I have been taught since my first basic handgun safety course that this type of behavior is incompatible with carrying a handgun.
    I have been taught since birth that this behavior is incompatible with being a decent human being.

After years of training and experience dealing with "emotionally disturbed people"/people suffering some sort of mental health crisis/Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) calls, my philosophy was to be polite to everybody, since you have no idea the battles that they are fighting in their head.

Teddy Roosevelt said something to the effect of being polite, yet armed and ready.

It is just as good of advice in this century as it was when he said it.

Site Supporter
    You can call people on their bullshit sure...but if you don't know them it's a gamble as to whether they'll jump you and kick your ass. I'm willing to play the odds, but it's the stakes that are too high for me, so I try to avoid being an asshole...or even very confrontational.

It's smart to have a nonlethal option for when road rage gets out of hand. If some guy follows you into a parking lot in his minivan because he takes issue with your driving, it's best to deescalate and try hard not to cap him in front of his family.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Every conflict you are in when carrying a gun is now an armed conflict. Smart people avoid armed conflicts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Dude feels like he's all high and mighty while he's carrying. Well refer to the wisdom in the quote above. I have zero tolerance for these kind of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List