Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 92 Extended Mag Releases

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys. Ordered the Beretta factory release today.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've got huge hands - the paddle-style buttons are a bit too big.

The Wilson Small round/checkered version isn't USPSA or IPSC legal, so I just use these:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/92-9...te-ii/eu00044/
    This is also my favourite mag release. My Elite II came with it and it is IPSC production legal.

I also like the Wilson oversize checkered, and have that on my Beretta clone.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    I know the Elite II came with the factory extended release, but I don't think the original Elite or the 1A did, because it's commonly known as the "Elite II release." Don't forget the original 92G-SD and 96G-SD came with that extended release also. Probably the batch of 92G-SD's from last year as well, but not 100 percent sure without looking at the one in my safe. The guns from that batch do have some differences from the originals -- primarily on the Brig slide contouring. Very easy to tell an original from a second-batch gun.

I like the Elite II release personally; have them on several of my non-Elite / non G-SD guns.
    Last edited by Welder; 12-08-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I know the Elite II came with the factory extended release, but I don't think the original Elite or the 1A did, because it's commonly known as the "Elite II release." Don't forget the original 92G-SD and 96G-SD came with that extended release also. Probably the batch of 92G-SD's from last year as well, but not 100 percent sure without looking at the one in my safe. The guns from that batch do have some differences from the originals -- primarily on the Brig slide contouring. Very easy to tell an original from a second-batch gun.

I like the Elite II release personally; have them on several of my non-Elite / non G-SD guns.
    I think some of the old E 1's had 'em. Some of the G-SD's had 'em too... I don't think that last years batch did, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    20,000 92s and variants. don't have to make 20,000 of any given model.
    This
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So if they made 50 of some snowflake version of the 92, then every snowflake part on it would be legal for use on any other 92? I've never seen a rule of that nature interpreted that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 357carbine View Post
    Looks good, I just ordered it! I'm going to try my 92fs in IDPA next spring. Now I need a decent holster for IDPA.
    Last edited by Sammy1; 12-12-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So if they made 50 of some snowflake version of the 92, then every snowflake part on it would be legal for use on any other 92? I've never seen a rule of that nature interpreted that way.
    yes.

as long as it's a factory part, and drops in, it's legal. i encourage you and others to read the rule book. carefully. Wilson wrote it. don't you think he wrote it to accommodate his favorite ideas too?

Site Supporter
    So my mag release came in. What's the trick with this part?!?!

The old one popped right out, but after several attempts I simple can't monkey fist the new one in. Ive tried a couple of YouTube videos and they make it look easy enough, but "and just pop the new one in" is obviously not detailed enough instruction for this knuckle dragger.

User Tag List