Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Dark Star Gear holsters for K and N frames?

4" K frame.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Great idea...but no love for the L frame? (I'm selfishly thinking 3" 686+)
    I'm personally not a fan of full lug guns. I think the older 586 and 686 are nice guns, but not quite what I look for in a feel good metal gun like classic K and N frames (the ones with real sights at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of full lug guns. I think the older 586 and 686 are nice guns, but not quite what I look for in a feel good metal gun like classic K and N frames (the ones with real sights at least).
    Well, I had Model 15's and 19's issued to me early in my career but alas, I don't own any.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

In for all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked tom a week or so ago about making me a deep riding rig for my 2.5" 66. He didn't think he could make it ride as low as I wanted. Maybe an attachment system that would allow for height adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    In for all of them!
    Baller

I would be interested in all of them.

I have a DSG AIWB for my 340 MP, great holster and the ride height is perfect.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    So.... I don't know much about revolvers. I know J-frames, sorta, as I've done a fair amount of work to ensure our holster is compatible with as broad of range as possible. For this little venture we're gonna need to have things simplified such that we don't screw it up. We'll have the clip and loop/strut as an attachment option and possibly RCS overhooks. How things will work with the overhooks depends on the weight and the sights on your gun. For test fitting we can only ensure the fitment to the guns on hand. That shouldn't be an issue but as S&W has made some of these for decades on end it's not outta the realm of possibility that things fit weird. I don't want it to sound like a cop out but all we can make is what is shown above. Some adjustment will be available, mainly enough to make each holster too tight and too loose leaving what we've found to be a rather tolerable range for most. This should work out for everyone but I do ask that folks be mindful that things may not fit quite right.

I'll talk with Trajan and get the times squared away soon but I have a day or two of lead time allotted for these.

I'll have an order form on the site at some point this weekend or before Christmas to get them set up and will be listed as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    4" 27-2,
    4" 66-1
    2.5" 66-
    Custom lengths are possible but I will request a measurement from the actual gun.

More to come later. I am gonna use a K frame blue gun, one that has proven useless for fit, to work up the attachment options and will post up later on this weekend.
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 12-17-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Tom, as long as we're talking revolvers and not L frames, can you point me at examples of J frame rigs now that I just ordered one?

I'm sure I'll need one of yours for AIWB and / or pocket carry. Thanks and sorry for the digression.
    Last edited by blues; 12-17-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List