Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwest Industries QD Scope Mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    If QD means that much, have you considered a Spuhr: https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/qdp/
    I don't think it means quite enough to me to consider paying that much for a mount.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    When I as running a LPV on my carbine, likewise. For BUIS I went with MBUS Pro offsets and was very pleased with them.
    I'm not really a fan of offset sights, just couldn't get them to feel natural. They also don't fit on my upper without causing issues with the charging handle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm not really a fan of offset sights, just couldn't get them to feel natural. They also don't fit on my upper without causing issues with the charging handle.

I’m not a fan of off set irons either. I found an off set MRDS a much more effective solution.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I was skeptical before trying the MBUS Pro set. Unlike some others, folded down they are very low-drag and entirely out of the way. I'm using a BCM Mod 3 charging handle and had no issues with the rear sight mounted forward an extra notch to provide the needed clearance. I thought having to hold the rifle at a 45 "gangsta style" would suck, but I was able to shoot holding it that way quite well. I found being able to quickly transition between the scope and irons was a huge plus.

As always, YMMV.

Note - FWIW, I've come full circle back to iron sights only. I very much like the way a sub 7-pound carbine handles without all the extra weight above the bore axis. I'm using a 50 yard zero and take practice ringing an eight inch plate at 200 yards from a variety of unsupported field positions. Close to mid range, this is the role the carbine fills for me. For longer range engagements, I reach for the .308 bolt gun.

This rifle has a billet upper so I wasn't able to move the offset sight forward.

I would consider an offset red dot but I just got rid of my RMR on my Glock because it didn't work well with my astigmatism.

I decided to just go with a Bobro mount. I've had good luck with them before and they are still relatively light weight.

User Tag List