Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries QD Scope Mounts?

Midwest Industries QD Scope Mounts?

There is very little ACTUAL data about these online. I found a few YouTube videos...showing a guy punching 2" groups at 50 yards, calling a few fliers, and then saying it RTZ's fine. Another guy duct-taped his cell-phone to the scope, and another guy actually had his trigger finger in a splint, and...it was like a bad joke trying to find legit reviews of this thing.

Has anyone got anything legitimate to say about them?

They appeal to me because they use a full-cross bar system (a stainless steel cross bolt), the clamps have almost 100% more adjustability than ADM, and the rings are line-bored in one operation. This is the ONLY QD mount on the market that boasts the latter, other than Alamo Four Star (which I do not count as QD as the acorns have torque specs), and the GDI, which never impressed me (I've owned one, seen a few, I put them in the UTG performance category with SPUHR pricing structure and a "go **** yourself" customer service model.)

Long story short, and as usually I will generate my own data in the future likely, but I'd like to know what others have experience d with these mounts regarding durability , precision of manufacture, and RTZ etc.

I don't have any experience, but Steve Fisher speaks highly of the MI rails and mounts, and he is in a position to have tested them.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have used Mi mounts for approx 2 years now
    That said Iam/was a sponsored shooter for them but was using there items even before then

There mounts are solid rtz at 200 yards for me with little deviation
    The levers are much better than adm levers in my personal
    Option.

They have held zero in a video I did with practically tactical doing drop test on the Trijicon optic. They are great mounts

@Unobtanium did you ever end up getting an MI mount? Anybody else have any experience since this thread has been dead for awhile?

I'm looking for something durable I can use to mount a new Nightforce scope in. I can't seem to warm up to non QD mounts since I still prefer to have backup sights or else I'd just get a Geissele.

It improvements the Midwest Industries minutes have over the ADM months mentioned in the original post appeal to me, plus I prefer horizontal split rings. There just still aren't a lot of serious reviews available.

Generally if Steve says something is good to go it is, but I figure a larger sample size never hurts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    @Unobtanium did you ever end up getting an MI mount? Anybody else have any experience since this thread has been dead for awhile?

I'm looking for something durable I can use to mount a new Nightforce scope in. I can't seem to warm up to non QD mounts since I still prefer to have backup sights or else I'd just get a Geissele.

It improvements the Midwest Industries minutes have over the ADM months mentioned in the original post appeal to me, plus I prefer horizontal split rings. There just still aren't a lot of serious reviews available.

Generally if Steve says something is good to go it is, but I figure a larger sample size never hurts.

I did, but I never used it. I went bolt-down/non-QD and chose to run quality optics. Now I've gone over to red-dots because of where I live. Again with the non-QD.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 05-19-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I did, but I never used it. I went bolt-down/non-QD and chose to run quality optics. Now I've gone over to red-dots because of where I live. Again with the non-QD.
    Thanks. I'm really considering going with a Geissele and calling it a day. I'm not overly concerned with the Nightforce going down.

Thanks. I'm really considering going with a Geissele and calling it a day. I'm not overly concerned with the Nightforce going down.

Site Supporter
    Anybody else have any experience since this thread has been dead for awhile?
    I’ve had one for about 18 months, and am happy with it. About half that time was while deployed, so it’s been knocked around a bit. I haven’t done any precise RTZ testing, but it was frequently swapped with a T-2 without issue. Subjectively I like it better than the LaRue and ADM mounts I’ve used previously.

Sample of one, so FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I went bolt-down/non-QD and chose to run quality optics.
    When I as running a LPV on my carbine, likewise. For BUIS I went with MBUS Pro offsets and was very pleased with them.

If QD means that much, have you considered a Spuhr: https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/qdp/

User Tag List