Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: 3" GP in 44 SPC Coming Out

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Interesting, but I'll let others beta-test. I've learned my lesson on being the first kid on the block to buy any new offering from Ruger.
    Or for me, anything else. Too many things these days are released without adequate testing. The cool kids can be the ones to buy the new things and serve as unpaid product testers.

I follow the "Service Pack 1" rule. "Bleeding edge" tech is fine for my needs.

But yeah, a good .44 snubbie is on my "do want" list, especially if it's one in recent production.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-06-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Its a pretty stout and well proven design. I cant imagine there would be a ton of issues with it.

Id be more than happy to take one for the team.

Well....while it would be an amazingly cool gun, I have several Smith L frame variants. I am trying to stay focused on finishing this .44 Spl. Project. Just need the right beater for a donor frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My first thought is what can I get for my SP 101 with the Crimson Trace grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will sell things to score one if this is real and not some sick attempt to crush my spirit.

Name:  ill-be-in-my-bunk.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  19.2 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Its a pretty stout and well proven design. I cant imagine there would be a ton of issues with it.
    You'd think. I was the first kid on my block with a Wiley Clapp blued, and sent it back because the finish was wearing extremely rapidly. I was the first kid on my block with a Redhawk .45LC/.45ACP, and it's been three attempts to fix it with minimal improvements in reliability. So, yeah, I won't be assuming they'll get it right the first time.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully it will come with something other than their basic fixed sight system. And a prepaid shipping label already in the box so you don't have to call. S&W should start doing the same.
    Adam

Does a 44 Special in a short barrel make much sense for self defense? I'm really wondering. I looked at the specs for the Hornady Critical Defense 165gr. HP Ammo. 900 fps and under 300 foot pounds from an unspecified barrel length. Seems like you'd be better off with an expanding 9mm JHP or a warm .357.

The highroad thread also mentioned an upcoming 2.75 inch S&W Model 69. Given my limited but miserable experiences with Ruger quality control and my better experiences with Smith, the Model 69 seems more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm interested in how it turns out. Back in the day, I'm pretty sure it was Pachmayr who chopped a Charter .44 to near J-frame size. Of course I don't want a Charter Arms anything, but a reliable, compact .44 has been on my wish list ever since.
    My modern day charter 44 has been flawless for over 1000 hand loaded rounds....

But I am in line for this for sure.

User Tag List