Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: 3" GP in 44 SPC Coming Out

From what I read in the THR post it sounded like there might be more than one version or maybe I read it wrong. What other barrel length would you expect? Maybe a fixed sight three inch like the WC models and a four inch adjustable sight version, maybe a half lug like the Match Champion?
    Honestly, the wife's watching HGTV and I'm just sitting here with the IPad thinking about big bore revolvers. So in that vein how about this for a idea, the 357 LCR has proven that it's frame can handle some pretty high pressure rounds. How about a slightly larger LCR capable of holding 5 or even 6 44 Specials? Call it the XLCR, c'mon Ruger, spend a little of that LCP money you print every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't recall if DPris mentioned what versions. Hes a member here but doesn't post often.

My thoughts on large bore revolvers has been flirting with the idea of a fixed sight Smith N frame 3 or 3 1/4" 44 spl and/or 45 Colt, similar to how many of the larger guns were cut down in the past for more compact carry guns.

Crazy thinking I know, but I hope the MIM from GP100 .357 is not a carry over. Expect it will be.

I want one. I've got a 296 and one of the three inch Lew Horton 29's, but there's this sweet spot I'm convinced really exists, and neither of them hit it where this just might. And as Col. Cooper said, if you've got a gun you've at least got something, while if you've just got cash what have you really got?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    So in that vein how about this for a idea, the 357 LCR has proven that it's frame can handle some pretty high pressure rounds. How about a slightly larger LCR capable of holding 5 or even 6 44 Specials? Call it the XLCR, c'mon Ruger, spend a little of that LCP money you print every day.
    I like the way you think.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I agree, I am surprised they have not scaled up the LCR to at least a medium caliber sixshooter. Maybe it is because it would require tooling up and they are probably making cast iron guns like GP100 on existing tooling at very low production cost.

Fans had better grab their GP .44 in a hurry, because if it does not seize a market, it won't last, if S&W's several efforts to rehabilitate the .44 Special are any indication.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Fans had better grab their GP .44 in a hurry, because if it does not seize a market, it won't last, if S&W's several efforts to rehabilitate the .44 Special are any indication.
    I hope to grab one and a 2.75" S&W 69 as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I don't recall if DPris mentioned what versions. Hes a member here but doesn't post often.

My thoughts on large bore revolvers has been flirting with the idea of a fixed sight Smith N frame 3 or 3 1/4" 44 spl and/or 45 Colt, similar to how many of the larger guns were cut down in the past for more compact carry guns.
    I like the looks of such guns. Aesthetically speaking, they ooze coolness. However my thoughts have always been that it would still require a belt holster for carry, therefore a person might as well roll with a 4" barrel for all practical purposes. That said, a smaller frame like a K frame with a 3" tube is a whole other animal.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

I've got the piggy bank cornered in the gun room hammer in my hand. They just need to release them so I can smack the little sucker on the head. He's seen this "revolver look" in my eyes before, and he's scared.

A buddy of mine has the S&W 629 Performance Center, .44Mag, 2.625" barrel.
    Name:  170135_01_lg_0.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  21.6 KB
    but with these grips:
    Name:  170181_01_lg_0.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  18.1 KB.

I'm not really a wheel gun guy but I LOVE THIS GUN. He has a high-ride leather holster for it. Not great for follow-up shots but the first one with a full house load is a doozie.

Shooting a 1/2 size 1/2" AR500 steel silhouette with it at 50 yards makes an impression on everyone - quite unlike other pistols.

The report alone is guaranteed to make dindu nuffin and sumdood drop a load and beat tracks in the opposite direction.

Yea it weights a ton. Don't care. LIKE!

44Mag is a waste with such a short barrel, can't see that 44 spl wouldn't be fine. If the 3" GP 44 Spl is anything like it, I'd consider it.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 12-13-2016 at 03:26 PM.

User Tag List