Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aar: Hits first responder pistol 3/shotgun combo, wayne dobbs/darryl bolke, nov 12-13

Aar: Hits first responder pistol 3/shotgun combo, wayne dobbs/darryl bolke, nov 12-13

"Shoot at a pace that guarantees 100% accuracy in operational settings, provides reliable shot to shot assessment and that endangers no innocent parties on scene"
    Wayne Dobbs

"The shotgun excels at handling pistol distance problems."
    D.B.

Summary
    This class was posted on pistol-forum and having never taken a course outside of department mandated training on shotgun implementation, this was a must attend class. The bonus is that it was split up into a two day pistol first and shotgun second day type class. First day Wayne Dobbs ran the students through a very specific course of fire designed to provide the best way of figuring out what specific fundamentals the student needed to work on while providing advanced concepts, integrating movement and complex problem solving. The pistol portion of the class focused on running drills and going through the process of self discovery, specifically focusing on time and marksmanship problems. All of this while maintaining proper muzzle control and safety awareness. The title of "First Responder" is not just for the LEO who shows up responding to a priority call, it is also for the CCW citizen who gets in the fight. The shotgun portion focused on creating, building and automating shotgun operation while solving a target problem within the limitations of the systems available.
    Read the full AAR here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/12/aar-hit...er-pistol.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Good stuff. Nice job.

Oh, not sure if you plan to update your other thread, but how did the sights work for you? I really like my I dot pros but find that front sight just too wide and am starting to drift back to Defoors again, as they are the sights I've always shot the most accurately with. But these FBI sights intrigue me as a possible best of both worlds.

Nice AAR. Thanks.

Was that Lucky Gunner's Chris in the class or did the beard fool me?

Excellent write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Oh, not sure if you plan to update your other thread, but how did the sights work for you? I really like my I dot pros but find that front sight just too wide and am starting to drift back to Defoors again, as they are the sights I've always shot the most accurately with. But these FBI sights intrigue me as a possible best of both worlds.
    They worked well enough. Any issues I had I blamed on the different ammo I used than my standard ammo. (WWB / federal) but they really shine at close distance working quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Nice AAR. Thanks.

Was that Lucky Gunner's Chris in the class or did the beard fool me?
    It is..
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 12-05-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Well done AAR VM, enjoyed shooting the pistol block w/ you + Pat having overwatch of us thru my coin insured that learning did occur.

You need to wander back down next year for moar BBQ and shotgun!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You need to wander back down next year for moar BBQ and shotgun!
    How can I say no to that?

Lolll
    VDMSR.com

No, he needs to come to the revolver shoot so we can really expand his world view.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List