Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humor: Man Smacks Kangaroo, Saves Dog

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Where's that thread "Things that will absolutely get you killed on the streets"? Add "fucking with kangaroos" to that list!
    Done.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    That reminds me of a fairly scary wilderness experience I had. Many years ago I was out in the middle of nowhere in Australia when a smallish 'Roo came bounding by close enough I could have reached out and touched it. For a fraction of a second I wondered why it was in such a hurry as to not give me more room. But then I saw more than a dozen big male 'Roos were chasing this female, and they were bounding past on both sides and virtually over me.

I'm tellin ya, "pucker" takes on a whole new meaning when you are being chased by a troop of big horny male 'Roos at about 30 mph.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm tellin ya, "pucker" takes on a whole new meaning when you are being chased by a troop of big horny male 'Roos at about 30 mph.
    This scenario is replacing "zombie apocalypse" in my repertoire.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The only thing you like left out was:

"...and at this point I was thinking that splash of 'kanga-doe' lure scent the guide had applied might not have been such a good idea."

There's a whole thread over at S'Narc's place called, "Grapplers of the Animal World" and it starts with Kangaroos and their nasty stand-up game.

Seriously, that dude is 6'7" and admittedly that right hook he threw wasn't great...but I can't help but feel it might have really damaged a human...and that kangaroo just looked at him, confused for a moment, before deciding he had better things to do than kick his ass.

Also LOVE the defaulting to a stance of the humans when those 'roos "pop-up" looking for a fight. Straight up like a boxing match is going down.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-08-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There's a whole thread over at S'Narc's place called, "Grapplers of the Animal World" and it starts with Kangaroos and their nasty stand-up game.

Seriously, that dude is 6'7" and admittedly that right hook he threw wasn't great...but I can't help but feel it might have really damaged a human...and that kangaroo just looked at him, confused for a moment, before deciding he had better things to do than kick his ass.

Also LOVE the defaulting to a stance of the humans when those 'roos "pop-up" looking for a fight. Straight up like a boxing match is going down.
    Big male Kangaroos are just weird to me with that mix of human and non-human qualities. The only dangerous game I've been around are pretty much bears, mountain lions and snakes unless you count the bull on my uncle's farm. Those didn't bother me excessively, But with kangaroos I feel like I'm invading the turf of a gang of athletic aliens dropped off from some other planet onto the Australian penal colony.

Big male Kangaroos are just weird to me with that mix of human and non-human qualities. The only dangerous game I've been around are pretty much bears, mountain lions and snakes unless you count the bull on my uncle's farm. Those didn't bother me excessively, But with kangaroos I feel like I'm invading the turf of a gang of athletic aliens dropped off from some other planet onto the Australian penal colony.
    Yup. Me too. Kangaroos are definitely in the uncanny valley.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Not my video but funny as hell.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNx5iQ4gKES/
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Rode along with a buddy who worked animal control in Mesa, AZ, a fairly large suburb of Phoenix. about 30 mins. before the end of the shift we got a call for a "kangaroo" that escaped from a backyard (turned out to be a wallaby that was about 40 lbs.), but we didn't know that until the very end. We thought we were chasing a 6', 100 lb. kangaroo, and I had a mental image of something from a Loony Toons cartoon, boxing gloves and all. About a year before my buddy had been bitten by a donkey, and never heard the end of it...I figured that when (not if, but when) this "kangaroo" kicked our ass, we were going to have to move out of state just to get away from the jokes. Fortunately we corralled Joey the Wallaby and got him safely home without incident, although I was a little worried that a combination of riot-control pepper spray + Taser would have resulted in a flaming marsupial bounding around the neighborhood, and I had to do some fast thinking a few days later when I was interviewed by the Arizona Republic and they asked hard questions like "how did you intend to catch this animal?"

Name:  1916555_784623521112_4426309_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  20.1 KB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Do you have a link to this? It's dead week, and I'm not Googling shit.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List