Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HK USP: what do I need to know?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    Beware that a few people have had issues with Hornady defensive ammunition in HKs.

Hornadys case OAL is too long and does not fit properly in HK weapons which have tighter specs then most other handgun manufacturer chambers. This is has cause malfunctions in some HKs with this ammo. Namely an HK45 that needed to be put in a vice to open the slide after firing a round and the case expanded in the chamber and wouldn't extract easily.

This has been discussed at length at HKPro.

Personally I've never had an issue with Speer Gold Dot, HSTs, or Ranger Ts in any of my USP45s or HK45s

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since I decided to stop chasing the ammo dragon and standardize to Gold Dot in every single caliber I carry, it has been a great relief to stop having to fret.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Oh HELL yeah...

When you show up with that little baby and bandoliers of .22LR across your chest like Chewbacca, you OWN that barbecue.
    Boxes of 50, right?

Beware that a few people have had issues with Hornady defensive ammunition in HKs.
    My understanding is that was years ago with certain lots or .45ACP only, and Hornady got it straightened out pretty quickly. Shouldn't be an issue at this point.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...p-tactical-45/

UPDATE 9/27/2012

I spoke with H&K Tech support, and guess what – there is a known incompatibility that H&Ks have with some of Hornady’s ammo. Hornady has admitted that some of their cases are over sized and this has been causing problems. The problem was supposedly resolved in June 2012, but my ammo pre-dates that month which is why I have the problem.

Thanks for bringing that up, but that shouldn't be a problem. HSTs are all that I run for carry. Unless I'm going to a BBQ, then I load up the Black Talons so I can talk about them and their mystical powers constantly.

I have shot approaching 500 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 220+P through multiple USP 45 FS and HK45C pistols without issue. It is my JHP load.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hornadys case OAL is too long and does not fit properly in HK weapons which have tighter specs then most other handgun manufacturer chambers. This is has cause malfunctions in some HKs with this ammo. Namely an HK45 that needed to be put in a vice to open the slide after firing a round and the case expanded in the chamber and wouldn't extract easily.

This has been discussed at length at HKPro.

Personally I've never had an issue with Speer Gold Dot, HSTs, or Ranger Ts in any of my USP45s or HK45s

Good luck!

My experience as well trying to run steel cased Hornady in a couple of HK .45's. No bueno. Run everything else 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I've been thinking about dusting off a USP 9 and getting it back in service.

What's the word on the Trijicon HD sights on the USP 9? Specifically, are there any POA/POI issues? My only experience with HD's have been on Glock 17's and they hit 4" high at 25 yds for me using a top edge front sight hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I've been thinking about dusting off a USP 9 and getting it back in service.

What's the word on the Trijicon HD sights on the USP 9? Specifically, are there any POA/POI issues? My only experience with HD's have been on Glock 17's and they hit 4" high at 25 yds for me using a top edge front sight hold.
    I have a set on a USP FS 9 that regulate. HD sights on an HK seem to be between tip of front sight to drive the dot.

Probably the best thread for this:

I have never seen it but do there exist MRDS milled into USPs or the Hk45 series? Thoughts? I believe a forum member here has a P30L with a RMR. It would be interesting to see how they track.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 12-09-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a set on a USP FS 9 that regulate. HD sights on an HK seem to be between tip of front sight to drive the dot.
    I only have one set of HDs in use now, on a HK45c. First range session and theyre' shooting about 6" low at 25 yards using tip of the front sight, and noticeably low even at close ranges "driving the dot ."

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I only have one set of HDs in use now, on a HK45c. First range session and theyre' shooting about 6" low at 25 yards using tip of the front sight, and noticeably low even at close ranges "driving the dot ."
    Easy on the trigger.

User Tag List