Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness / Smartwatch choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    I think the FR235 was the first HRM Garmin offered with a wrist sensor and I think it was after Garmin bought Mio, the company at the time were the better of the wrist based solutions but I remember our Garmin rep being very noncommittal about the technology.
    The FR225 was the first Garmin with wrist-based HR.

Suunto AMBIT 3 Run...

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    The FR225 was the first Garmin with wrist-based HR.
    Thanks for the correction, I still wouldn't use one

But then, I ride not run!
    Last edited by hiro; 12-06-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Suunto AMBIT 3 Run...
    What app do you use or how do you log the data from the Ambit please?

I used Suunto Movescount app when I had the Ambit.

As TAZ noted, Suunto has their own little thing, Movescount, which can be done via PC or the phone (the latter only with the Ambit3, the older Ambits had no provision to connect except through USB). However, you can export that data from Movescount automatically to a variety of third party applications: http://www.movescount.com/connect_3r...y_applications

Thanks!

Had a quick look, pretty similar to Garmin's Connect app and website. Have you used both? How would you compare them?

For web-based software, I've used Strava and Training Peaks. Strava is pretty popular a bit more like social media, but it still has some good points. Its main claim, though, are segments, where you can compare your performance to others. I've ridden the same climbs as a pro rider, and it's neat to compare my times to his time to see how fast he is. A lot of wannabes fight for segment KOMs and take it way too seriously, and there have actually been lawsuits against Strava. Garmin Connect is OK. All three of these have a free version that may provide enough features to meet your needs.

I also use rubiTrack for the Mac, and I like it a lot. It's not web-based, but it's a great way to keep track of my 10 years of activities since I got my first Garmin. Ascent is another Mac app that was great for its time, but doesn't seem to be supported any more.

Site Supporter
    If it matters, when I was looking a year ago, the Suunto Ambit 3 was one of the only ones that tracked laps swimming in a pool. Many wouldn't and I would lose count trying to keep track of 50+ laps.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    If it matters, when I was looking a year ago, the Suunto Ambit 3 was one of the only ones that tracked laps swimming in a pool. Many wouldn't and I would lose count trying to keep track of 50+ laps.
    The Garmin multi sport models track lap and open water swimming. They worked pretty well, but I was old school and had gotten used to keeping track of my distance in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List