Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite J frame?

I have an M38 in my pocket as I type this.
    The M649s are also favorites.

Have had an M49, a Colt Cobra, a Charter Undercover, and a S&W M60.
    Only miss the M60.
    Last edited by ACP230; 12-05-2016 at 12:18 AM.

I carry a 442 no lock with Centennial style Spegel grips. It's my favorite J. Goes in coat and pants pockets in a Nemesis holster and I love it. A handful of confidence. It is very accurate 5 shots one hole 7 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have an emotional attachment to the humpback bodyguards.
    Me too, I blame Tubbs...

ETA:
    Name:  500px-MV-S&W38-6.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  55.3 KB

E-again-TA:
    I have a 60 (that was Dad's, or I wouldn't have it, but will never sell it), a 638 and a 340.

The 340 is new to me (only had it a year or two) and I am still trying to bond with it. I put the Big Dot on the 638 so that bridges one of the two reasons I wanted the 340, and I am still not sure the other reason is worth it being worth almost twice as much. Fired some Gold Dots and the recoil was nasty as expected, but the concussion was really nasty. Got some Critical Defense and they were a lot less nasty, so the 340 gained some ground.

I also have the apparently popular here A-Holster.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-05-2016 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Answered The Question

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Me too, I blame Tubbs...

ETA:
    Name:  500px-MV-S&W38-6.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  55.3 KB
    Well, Tubbs and Pat Rogers......New Yawrk thing. I have a 1950's with Stag grips from Jovino's. The Bodyguards did a lot of solid pocket and BUG duty for many years as the premier hideout. Of course my real attachment is this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    All the local shops want 770$ for it.. Buds is out of stock last I checked.. yet, i've already ordered grips for it

My local FFL has it for $646.00 right now. If you're interested, please pm me.

I went out looking for a J-frame today because of this thread but ended up with a Security Six and a .357 LCR instead. Guess I still need to go gun shopping again tomorrow.

The one in my pocket is my favorite. (642)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I went out looking for a J-frame today because of this thread but ended up with a Security Six and a .357 LCR instead. Guess I still need to go gun shopping again tomorrow.
    You shop like I do.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My favorite is a 3" nickel 36 round butt with diamond grips. It needs a grip adapter also, but is too pretty not to use the diamonds. Carry is different, a 640 carries a little nicer and less concern about hurting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You shop like I do.....
    I actually do need to go to the gun store tomorrow and pick up a gun I ordered. And if they just happen to have something else I need, well I can't really help that, can I?

User Tag List