Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What is your favorite J frame?

Forgot to do pictures. Right now, these two are getting the most use. The M&P 340 and P2000Sk are what I live with daily and while not my ideal, it works for my circumstances in a total NPE, surrounded by crap and criminals. Spend a good portion of my time with my hand actually gripping the M&P 340 in my pocket when I walk. Was a lifesaver the other night.
    Around the house and my own neighborhood, the 642 Power Port is a great gun and I have grown to love it even with the lock.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Forgot to do pictures. Right now, these two are getting the most use. The M&P 340 and P2000Sk are what I live with daily and while not my ideal, it works for my circumstances in a total NPE, surrounded by crap and criminals. Spend a good portion of my time with my hand actually gripping the M&P 340 in my pocket when I walk. Was a lifesaver the other night.
    Around the house and my own neighborhood, the 642 Power Port is a great gun and I have grown to love it even with the lock.
    How much would you say the port helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    How much would you say the port helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was a bit skeptical when I bought the gun. That went away the first range trip. I believe Andy Canon actually designed this port. It is a single large port. The gun has a simple push and really mild recoil impulse for an airweight snub. Also, it is not "blasty". Unlike the small ports in some designs where the gas is getting pushed through a small area and is pushed out violently, this isn't. I would not worry about shooting it near my body. Think of a hose and you put you thumb over the end to increase the velocity of the spray. I found it basically takes the "plus P" out of the performance ammo in recoil.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

DB, do you use the same ammo in both the 340 and the 642?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    DB, do you use the same ammo in both the 340 and the 642?
    Yep. 135 Speer GDHP short barrel +p .38. In my 640 Pro I use 158, but everything else gets the GDHP 135 stuff. My older Colt's get the 125 GDHP non- +P.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-22-2016 at 08:43 AM.

User Tag List