Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite J frame?

What is your favorite J frame?

I did this on another forum and it had a lot of posts and interesting entries so I am going to try it here. If you could only have one J frame, what would it be. Mine would be the 642 I think. I have the 442/642/638 and really like the 642 the best I think for the long haul durability reference the finish... Plus it looks great with a whole bunch of different grips...

Here is mine, it is a Aug/2010 test fired gun that I bought new, traded to a friend who carried it and then recently traded for it back. Trigger is awesome and there is NO rust on it anywhere, just kydex holster wear and scuffs! Been a real great gun from S&W and I am glad I have it back... Lets see em guys....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I've only ever owned one, a blue steel model 36 which was my first BUG. Unfortunately, I sold it in the mid 90's when I traded it in toward a G26 for ankle / back up carry. (Couldn't afford or justify keeping both at the time. Hindsight, is 20-20 with deeper pockets.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  J's.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  638 &442.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  69.4 KB

I have two equal favorites. A 442 and 638.
    Two favorite holsters for them.
    DSG aiwb and Aholster pocket.

642/442 is my favorite.

It's hard to beat a 642/442.

Either a 642 or 442

I have an emotional attachment to the humpback bodyguards. Practically, I carry a lot of the Centenials. These days, I usually have on on my person at all times.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I think my favorite would be the M&P 340.. I don't own one yet, but if it's true the pivot pins are steel and pushed in, and that they are stronger than the aluminum ones, an ounce lighter than the 442/642, and have what I think to be an awesome front site.. I def think that would be my favorite.

Looks wise, a blued model 36! <3 <3

But back to reality...

Name:  IMG_6992.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6993.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  31.9 KB
    (the orange FS looks brighter in person)
    Last edited by Isaac; 12-04-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    642, followed by 432.

Same as everyone else: Centennials.

I just wish S&W gave them a grip that went all the way up the frame to widen the area where the web of my hand meets it. That thin piece of frame is not fun to have slam back into your hand.

User Tag List