Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Old M&P

Very cool.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Revolvers tell stories.

Glocks are like Cliff Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Story is that Officer Merrill walked into an armed robbery of a burger joint in the 1960s. The robber was a ex-con, having served a stretch in Mississippi for murder. The robber had been out of prison for a month.

A gunfight ensued.

Officer Merrill sustained a through-and-through wound to his upper arm. He was bandaged at the scene and drove himself to the hospital. After waiting for awhile, he washed out his own wound, put some stuff on it, re-bandaged it and went home.

The robber was paralyzed from his wounds and died in prison a paraplegic.
    That is a heartwarming story. I'm glad someone who appreciates that ended up with the revolver.

First, order some of these:
    http://www.letargets.com/content/ice...09-version.asp

And some of these:
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/38-spe...r-bellot-sb38a

Then watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERs7VyRMETg#t=601

Then head to the range and put that revolver to work.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Awesome piece with an awesome pedigree...enjoy!

-Rainman

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It shot pretty well. The sights are not terribly easy to see, compared to a Model 10 or a 10-5. I had no trouble keeping in on minute of thug, double action, strong hand only at 50'. The only issue was the gun twisted around in my hand a little. So I might have to get a grip adapter for it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

As to the revolver, it's a 5-screw, .38 Special, 4". Serial No. is 471xxx, no letters before or afterwards.
    Googling around, I found a post on another forum that discussed another such gun with the same first three digits. Mfg dates to `26-27.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  42.4 KB
    This one is supposed to date to 1930. Six-digit serial, starts with a 6. The grips are a bit older. I found them at a gun show and paid almost as much as I did for the gun.
Views: 704
Size:  42.4 KB
    When I got it, it was wearing this set of rubber grips. I got a set of magna grips as soon as I could, and put a T-grip on it too. That's how I usually shoot it.
Views: 659
Size:  50.1 KB

It's a former department of corrections gun, but doesn't say from what state. I rescued it from a pile of more modern model 10's, but wish I'd bought one or two of them, too. It's been loaned out to family members a time or two.

I'm not going to try to clean it up very much. There isn't any rust, though I haven't pulled the grips. A little rubdown with light oil should do.
    Massage it with a little Hoppe's #9 on a red shop rag. That's what it would have gotten back in the day.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

It works (10 yards).

Sorry, I just had to:

An old M&P.
    A piece; tarnished history.
    Roars to life once more.

Nice find.

User Tag List