Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG

If you're not ready, don't assume the start position. I simply keep my hand on my gun until I'm ready. I find short buzzing to be much more of a problem when I have to respond to are you ready. I get standby-beep while I'm resetting from responding. I've gotten better at it because some SOs seem to be stuck on requiring a response. This is all personal preference stuff, but I think the USPSA rules are the way they are because it tends to be the preference of those who care enough to be involved with rulemaking.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Now to construct the ultimate KSTG gamer gun!
    An IPSC modified gun less the comp would be pretty close.

I've just realized that a Glock 19 or M&Pc with a slide-mounted RMR should fit in the box, and a full-sized M&P with RMR might get in there, if you're allowed to hammer on it a bit. EDIT: Actually, most practical RMR setups should fit without issue, no?

And that lasers appear legal.

Clarification on Target Zones

Is it...
    A is the 3x5 head card.
    B is the rest of the head.
    C is the 8" body circle.
    D is the -1 body zone.

Or...
    A is the 3x5 head card and the 8" body circle.
    B is the rest of the head.
    C is the -1 body zone.
    D is the -3 body zone.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Clarification on holster retention:

Under what circumstances is this tested? Very few of my kydex IWB holsters will retain a heavy gun without pressure from a belt; most CTACs, for example, won't, unless adjusted to be unserviceably tight.

I'm not running some speed-rig; if you could hang me upside-down with the gun on, retention would be no problem; the gun would be retained. I suspect holding upside-down while applying manual pressure to the holster body would retain it. But holding the holster from the belt-loops won't retain it. Is this unusual?

Similarly, I don't think either of the big-name hybrid holsters will reliably retain without a belt if suspended upside-down from the belt clips.

Well seems simple, we just hang each competitor upside down before the match. Problem solved!
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Well seems simple, we just hang each competitor upside down before the match. Problem solved!
    Just put a stage in the match where you shoot upside down, Top Shot style.

Our local "CCW Match" scoring is pretty straight forward.
    Any 3 zone targets can be used.

IPSC target example:
    Major: A and entire head box is 5 points, C is 4, D is 2 points.

Minor: A and head box 5 points, C is 3, D is 1 point.

A total if 8 points are required to neutralize a target. +10 second penalty for failure to neutralize.

Shoot as many shots as you want to.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

For observation purposes and not a complaint:

In one way the CCW focus makes the equipment rules easier to a degree; however, I compete in IDPA using duty gear. I also carry on duty, at times, firearms that would not be legal under the current rules. For instance, I carry a S&W 22-4 in .45ACP, and I also sometimes carry a 4" K frame both on and off duty. I also have qualified with my G34 and know quite a few peace officers in my area that carry G35s.

Gearing only towards "CCW" does eliminate duty carry.

If that is the rules then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    For observation purposes and not a complaint:

In one way the CCW focus makes the equipment rules easier to a degree; however, I compete in IDPA using duty gear. I also carry on duty, at times, firearms that would not be legal under the current rules. For instance, I carry a S&W 22-4 in .45ACP, and I also sometimes carry a 4" K frame both on and off duty. I also have qualified with my G34 and know quite a few peace officers in my area that carry G35s.

Gearing only towards "CCW" does eliminate duty carry.

If that is the rules then so be it.
    Our local "CCW Match" has "duty gear in lieu of concealment" for active leo's.
    Duty gear is defined as level 2 or greater retention holster and flap magazine carriers.
    All retention must be engaged and set to manufacturer specs (no modified retention devices).

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-29-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List