Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You're exactly right, Bill. We know we need to change the power floor issue.

G34 Thought of the Day: Every time someone tells us we have to include the G34 because it's the predominant gun in IDPA, it just proves our point that if we allow it, people will use the G34 instead of their practical CCW gun.
    You actually think people will go out their way to buy a glock 34 to compete? Why don't you just change the game to 1 gun only while you are at it.

Common sense here

KSTG evolved from other popular competitive shooting sports such as IPSC and IDPA.

Both sports allow the glock 34.

Maybe we can rename KSTG to TGPG Todd G Personal Game

Quote Originally Posted by OneAboveAll View Post
    You actually think people will go out their way to buy a glock 34 to compete? Why don't you just change the game to 1 gun only while you are at it.

Common sense here

KSTG evolved from other popular competitive shooting sports such as IPSC and IDPA.

Come on, now. IDPA has arbitrary rules too, and at least TLG and company are willing to interact directly on them. Why is CDP .45 ACP only? Because Bill Wilson wants it that way. That's why.

Are you really asserting that people didn't go out and by the G34/35 strictly to shoot the gun games?

If you don't like it. Don't shoot it. There is no need to get personal about it.

Common sense here

I'm going to let Todd handle this one (if he wants to) since I don't think I can stay polite.

Common sense here

That's an asshole thing to say. Todd busted his ass, on his feet for hours to give me and many others the the first pistol match within less than 2 hours one way of driving in literally years. Why don't you dial down the snide passive aggressive attacks?
    #RESIST

One thing I really like about this (despite the fact that I ate two procedurals) is that most of the rules just flat out make sense.
    Don't like the rules?
    Don't play the game.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

We are diminished
    You actually think people will go out their way to buy a glock 34 to compete?
    You actually think those thousands and thousands of IDPA & USPSA competitors bought G34s for some other reason?

Why don't you just change the game to 1 gun only while you are at it.
    The rules already explicitly state that you may only shoot one gun.

FYI I was actually sort of there when KSTG evolved, but I appreciate the reminder.

Ironically, that is what I wanted to call it originally. SLG got upset just because he did half the work. He's a bastard that way.

Look, dude. Thirty-four people managed to show up at the inaugural match with something other than a G34. They didn't complain. Two others brought G34s and both said they'd be back next time shooting something other than a G34. This is not a G34-friendly game. Don't like it? Don't play. I assure you, we're already over it.

To the folks who were there last night and had fun, thanks again! Hopefully, we'll have a date for January's match soon.

Seriously. This game doesn't allow me to play with my carry gear. You know what I did, took off my wml and brought a different holster. If you don't want to play, don't. These rules are well thought out.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I had a guy complain about penalties on disappearing targets at our local unsanctioned 3-gun match, he kept saying that "nobody's rules have a penalty for disappearing targets".
    I finally told him "that's OUR rule, take it or leave it."

RE: Glock 34 and the 5" barrel limit

I think Todd's intentions are good, so we should definitely be courteous when we disagree. I am gonna agree with Todd on the need for more reality of firearms used in the game, but disagree on how it is currently being done.

I want to continue to make a similar but related point that barrel length should have nothing to do with whether a gun is allowed in the KSTG game. It should be gun size and weight....nothing more. Barrel length should be taken out of consideration entirely.

The truth is that there is a huge amount of diversity of guns actually carried. Many will carry the same gun they use for competing. Others will carry different guns depending on the season or depending on ability to conceal, etc. There are people to carry a 34...that is a fact.

If we had the money it would be good to do a poll of people who actually carry concealed and ask them to measure the size and weight of their guns and come up with a true statistical model with mean, median, deviation, etc. Then we could use solid concealed firearm data to set the size and weight limit based on a rule, such as: guns smaller and lighter than the 90th percentile will be allowed.

But anybody paying attention knows the popularity of small carry guns right now:
    9mm Guns 6" or UNDER in length and 21oz or UNDER in weight:
    Kahr PM/CM,
    Ruger LC9,
    SCCY Gen 2,
    Glock 26,
    SigSauer P290,
    Kel-Tec PF-11,
    Kimber Solo,
    Beretta Nano,
    Kel-Tec PF-9.

9mm Guns 6.85" or UNDER in length and 29oz or UNDER in weight:
    Walther PPS,
    Cz 2075 RAMI,
    SigSauer P250,
    Beretta PX4 Subcompact,
    Taurus Millenium Pro,
    Walther P99 Compact,
    Taurus 709B, Bersa UC,
    Springfield XD Subcompact,
    S&W M&P Compact 9mm,
    Bersa BP CC 9,
    Ruger SR9c,
    Glock G19,
    SigSauer P239
    (And this isn't a complete list)

That doesn't include everyone carrying .380 guns, which almost all are smaller and lighter that the 9mm list. Please don't take offense that I didn't include .45 or .40 or .357 or other calibers....I am just trying to make the case that it is likely most people who concealed carry are using guns that are smaller and lighter. On this point I support Todd's position and agree with it.

But when you look up the barrel length on these guns, they vary a lot. The key attributes of picking a carry gun is not how long of a barrel...it is the handguns ease of concealed carry and its other attributes that make it easy to operate and carry sufficient ammunition and caliber. My point here is that size and weight are much more important.

This is why I am advocating for a COMPACT DIVISION for concealed carry. That way John Doe with a smallish 9mm carry gun like a KelTec or a Taurus can actually BE competitive with other shooters of similar sized firearms. My Cz 75 won't play, but my Cz 2075 will. THEN go ahead and let the 34's play in the FULLSIZED DIVISION.

That makes everybody feel included and may actually make a more popular division among people who ordinarily would not try to compete with speed demons running 34's or Cz 75's.

I am not trying to make the game harder...I am trying to get more new people to participate and making a new COMPACT DIVISION allows Todd to get his wish and the 34 owners to get theirs.

Later,
    CC

We are diminished
    I think a large part of the problem is that folks are used to one game and see this (or Jody's 3-gun example) and say, "Great, I'll shoot that!" Then they show up and the rules are different and they don't like it. Of course the rules are different. That's why it's a different game.

User Tag List