Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mora Companion on sale, $8.21 shipped from Amazon Prime

My wife and I both carry these as lightweight fixed blades in our day hike bags. I've batoned reasonably thick wood with them with no problem, and as many others on here have mentioned cleaned deer and small game with them. They take a good edge, hold it through quite a bit of work, and are pretty rust resistant. They are cheap enough (even at the regular price) to stash in vehicles and various emergency kits.

I've got "nicer" knives, but only because I'm a nerd. If these were the only fixed blades I owned, I would not feel impoverished.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Back up to $12.99...didn't last long (still not bad).
    Last edited by Willard; 12-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Back up to $12.99...didn't last long (still not bad).
    This is the nature of Amazon Daily and Lightning Deals.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Look on the bright side. It's only a few bucks.
    And that's definitely an exception for this place

Mine showed up and the wife already stole one to "cut fruit at work." Use one in the kitchen and then two spares.

Got these in. Initial impressions are very positive for an $8 knife.

Looks are deceiving with this knife. It looks like it wouldn't be worth a darn but it cuts really nice. I like the Scandinavian grind so far. Excellent buy for $8. We will see how long it holds and edge but It came shaving sharp.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Got mine yesterday. I got more than I thought I had ordered, need to see if that was drunk ordering, a snafu on Amazon's part, or a gift from someone.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The Folts minimalist is on sale today... $15.91 Prime.
    I know it had it's own thread when it was ~$20 at Lowes recently... I'm lazy today..

ETA...
    SPEW is $19.26 Prime
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 12-07-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Vending Machine Operator
    Just did a $250 supplement to my Subaru Outback's emergency supplies after a particularly brutal winter with a lot of people getting temporarily stranded. Got high-calorie emergency food, better jumper cables, water, firesteel, matches, blankets, collapsible shovel, refreshed the first aid kit, got a fire extinguisher, made sure all my flashlights were new LED models with good batteries, etc. I did finally commit to storing my old, beat up Glock 23 and a spare magazine with a holster, but in an attempt to be responsible about it I put it in a lockbox, stored it down in the hidden spare tire well, and anti-cut cable'd it to the vehicle frame.

Anyway, as part of the overhaul, I decided to throw in a general purpose glovebox utility knife and grabbed a black Morakniv Companion for $14. We'll see. Oddly good reviews for the price, so I'll try to have realistic expectations. I don't really feel like dropping money on a fancier blade right now and already have a KA-BAR and Leatherman Wave in the back with the emergency gear for heavier work.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-31-2016 at 01:55 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List