Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a 9mm target pistol

Help me choose a 9mm target pistol

Been looking for another 9mm target $500~$1000. The ones that seem to appeal are Walther PPQ, Glock G34 & FN FNS9 Longslide. I know some have better triggers or are more popular than others, I am just looking for something that I can shoot well. I have handled each and they all have there own special appeal so help me choose or maybe recommend something all together different.

What do you want to do with this pistol?
    i used to wannabe

When you say Target Pistol, I assume better than average accuracy. Sig P210 (above your listed price range), HK USP Expert (close to your range) would be my top two choices, with the Expert getting the nod for my use and interests.

Even a stock 226/P30 should be pretty accurate, but not designed for target shooting. Of course a P7 would be tough to beat as well.

Site Supporter
    To start an immediate potential thread drift - are you focused on striker fired only? For example, when faced with this recently, I bought a Springfield Armory Range Officer 1911 9mm (used). Based on the OP - the G34 has much support and much is already known about its pro and con.

Probably the most accurate pistols in that range are the Grandpower Xcalibur, Sig P226, Beretta 92 series, and HK DA/SA (pick whichever). I say "probably" because it's almost impossible to know for sure.

The Grandpower is the best deal going ATM. You are looking at 1.5" groups, target sights, and a fantastic trigger all from the factory. The only reason I don't shoot it a lot more is because it's finicky on ammo and there are few IWB holster options available. I like to carry my competition gun, so it was easier for me to get a Sig P226 Legion and get Burke to do an action job on it. If this gun is just for the range or action shooting, id recommend the Xcalibur.
    Last edited by Kirk; 12-03-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Another question is whether or not you want to use it for uspsa. If you haven't considered uspsa then you should and then pick accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What do you want to do with this pistol?
    Friendly target shooting, mostly with my wife who is a better shot so I need the advantage. We shoot steel average 25-30 yards.

What are you shooting now?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    What are you shooting n
    Okie John
    92-A1 with Wilson combat mods and a 1911 Dan Wesson mostly but the little buckmark has been getting more time lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Probably the most accurate pistols in that range are the Grandpower Xcalibur, Sig P226, Beretta 92 series, and HK DA/SA (pick whichever). I say "probably" because it's almost impossible to know for sure.

The Grandpower is the best deal going ATM. You are looking at 1.5" groups, target sights, and a fantastic trigger all from the factory. The only reason I don't shoot it a lot more is because it's finicky on ammo and there are few IWB holster options available. I like to carry my competition gun, so it was easier for me to get a Sig P226 Legion and get Burke to do an action job on it. If this gun is just for the range or action shooting, id recommend the Xcalibur.
    Xcalibir... similar to the CZ, EAA?

User Tag List