Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "$750K sculpture sickened FBI workers in Miami"

"$750K sculpture sickened FBI workers in Miami"

http://www.politico.com/states/flori...workers-107768

Does anyone here have direct experience with how procurement decisions such as these are made at the GSA? (Please no general procurement anecdotes from your small town PD or other government agency etc or other tangentially related info - I'm asking specifically about the non-direct side of the "business").

In what world does a group of people get together and decide that such a thing is a good use of funds, other than perhaps to spend surplus or already requisitioned but unallocated monies?

Totally get some of the possible justifications for it that may be used as excuses (its a professional building that needs decor commiserate with other like office spaces etc, but how do they pass a sniff test?
    Last edited by fishing; 12-02-2016 at 06:39 PM.

I can't come close to answering your question, but I felt moved to google the sculpture, and my professional opinion is that it looks like a hardwood cat turd.

Gee, people having allergic reactions to red cedar - whodathunkit?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Wow. What senator's son-in-law made that....art?

The office’s only nurse was one of the 17 people affected by the cedar, suggesting (perhaps) that the wood had gained some level of sentience and was targeting potential threats first.
    Ha!
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.

That Miami field office looks nice and expensive all on the tax payers dime.

Will make a nice fireplace.

Spend the money on something useful like training not useless shit that does not further the mission.

Looks like firewood!

Let's make SMORES!

And what a waste of good money. Whomever signed off on that shitpile needs fired, hot tar poured on them and feathers thrown in the general area.

I like it. Judging by the looks of that building, buying a 750k sculpture would equal out to me going to Walmart and getting a new lamp.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List