Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alluminium GI mags?

I admit that I have 50 NHMTG mags with the red SAW springs but retaining the green follower... the do-called "Christmas tree" configuration!

The SAW springs can make the difference between run and not with the green followers and high cyclic rate guns. I believe in 'em.

Just to avoid any potential confusion, Okay Industries has made magazines stamped Colt, Okay, NHMTG,
    and now Okay again, but under the Surefeed name. Quality is the same between all of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My understanding is that the Brownells sells aluminum GI magazines to the military. They equip their magazines with Magpul followers, and a choice of chrome silicon or stainless steel springs...Everything I have read about these magazines on other forums has been positive.
    Not all of their mags are sold with Magpul followers. Their STANAGs that usually go on sale have standard followers. They tend to be decent mags but often require a break-in period. The front lip of the mag can catch case mouths until some rounds downrange deburr a couple clear scallops to feed through. Thickness tends to vary in their manufacture, as well and can be annoying with tight magwells.

I'll continue to buy them cheap and run them as range mags, especially the 20-rounders, but would suggest a better make like D&H if you want something more likely to be good to go fresh out of the package.

Site Supporter
    I prefer military contract magazines with Magpul followers and floorplates. Very reliable and easy to load and remove from Magpouches

User Tag List