Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

In an open letter published on the social media site LinkedIn, Levi's CEO Chip Bergh said he does not consider a clothing store an appropriate venue to carry firearms. He said the company would not ban gun from its stores but asked "responsible gun owners" to leave their firearms at home. "It boils down to this: you shouldn't have to be concerned about your safety while shopping for clothes or trying on a pair of jeans. Simply put, firearms don't belong in either of those settings," Bergh said. The 163-year-old company joins a long list of U.S. retailers including Target Corp, Sonic and Chili's that have asked their patrons to leave their guns at home. Conservatives expressed offense and outrage at Levi's message online, with the right-wing Breitbart website running a story about the statement under the headline: "Levi Strauss: Do Not Bring Your Legal, Concealed Carry Firearms Into Our Stores."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13P2V9
    Last edited by Wendell; 12-02-2016 at 08:39 AM.

It's because my gun is black, isn't it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Where the fuck does he get off thinking that anyone cares what he thinks about this?
    #RESIST

Meh, they're Levi's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I stopped wearing Levi's long ago due to their anti gun stuff. If you don't want my business, I am more than happy to spend my money elsewhere. What we be nice is the NRA encouraging their membership to not patronize them either. I WAS an almost exclusively Levi's wearer. If their business model is to discriminate against legally armed Americans....so be it. If they said they did not want women to wear headscarves in their stores, the media would go nuts. Discrimination against legally armed Americans is almost encouraged.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    They have stores? Learn something new everyday.

There are people in the world that do not accept that evil exists.

My corporate response: "Fuck you asswipe, I do what I want."

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

who else makes a jean with a cut like the 501 with the same or higher rise that don't look awful?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Meh, they're Levi's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1, that's my first reaction.

My second reaction is that, for a change, I don't understand the outrage about Levi's reaction. Let's get the priorities of attention straight. The first thing that needs to be talked about is that a moron brought a gun and had an ND in a private business. I don't see a single fucking word of an outrage about it.

The second thing that needs to talk about is if you really want to bring a gun to a shopping venue where you're likely to handle the gun and even possibly be separated from it, if for a short period of time..

Third, maybe perhaps consider that the company must take some sort of a visible action to protect itself from future litigation.

Fourth, they could've just banned the guns in their stores - and after an ND that endangered lives of their staff or other customers do you really have moral grounds to blame them? Instead, they issued an non-enforceable request.

I have zero problem with their position and I am disappointed in a dogpile that's happening. I know that historically they are anti-2A and they can be smacked for that, but if some moron ND'd in my business, my reaction could've been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    who else makes a jean with a cut like the 501 with the same or higher rise that don't look awful?
    No idea, that stuff is invisible to me. But my wife likes me in Lucky jeans more than Levi's.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List