Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Lots of companies take overt political positions, on the Left and on the Right, regarding issues not directly related to their product or service.
    Chik-Fil-A, Domino's, Starbucks, Levi's, etc. ad nauseum. Lots of other companies take political positions without going public about it.
    Big deal.
    Let each individual decide for himself/herself whether any of it really means anything in the grand scheme, and then move on.
    Since we're talking about companies' positions, reactions to them, and clothes and shit, and to derail this thread further and further, last week I spent an asinine amount of money on two pairs of US made, hand made New Balance shoes. Just because the libtards called for company's boycott following its expressed support of some of Mr. Trump's statements. And because I can. I'd really like to see NB's Q4 books. Sweeet kicks. Don't know if at age of 48 I can pull off dark red shoes but I am gonna try...

"There is about 5-10 yards distance between fitting rooms and area where they do the measurements, and I always feel very uncomfortable with gun out of my direct control."
    Bring it with you--either in a small briefcase, manpurse, etc... or better yet, have the pants correctly fitted while the holstered pistol is in its proper place.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Bring it with you--either in a small briefcase, manpurse, etc... or better yet, have the pants correctly fitted while the holstered pistol is in its proper place.
    That would seem the best idea !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Plus buying American in the auto industry today is like writing a check to the DNC via the UAW. After the bailout, no more American vehicles for me. When the 2008 Silverado dies, it will be replaced with a Toyota or Nissan.
    I am happy to know I am not the only person holding this grudge. I was feeling lonely. The UAW publishes a list of union made trucks so their supporters can buy union. The list is useful for going the other way too.

I won't buy a GM on that principle, but I'm pretty relaxed about it. All the car makers routinely get bailed out by their government (or governments in the case of Toyota).
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    I am happy to know I am not the only person holding this grudge. I was feeling lonely. The UAW publishes a list of union made trucks so their supporters can buy union. The list is useful for going the other way too.
    Nope, not alone. I am pretty high up on the fuck your union list. I've seen enough bad workers keep their jobs and enough silly shit happen that it makes me question every recall.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Another vote for Lucky Brands.

My arse looks like a short, fat, hairy supermodel's in them.

Could not give less of a crap what some random CEO says.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    My arse looks like a short, fat, hairy supermodel's in them.
    Way, way TMI. I don't which is worse, this or JAD's assless jeans.
    Last edited by Hambo; 12-04-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Except that this was a UAW bailout. The UAW received 40% of the new company in return for forgiveness of $10 billion owed them (health care trust fund). Bondholders, who are supposed to be at the front of the line in bankruptcy, received 10% equity for their $27 billion. So the UAW got to go ahead of the bondholders (bye-bye bankruptcy law as we know it) and got 4 times the equity in exchange for only 40% as much owed. In return, Richard Trumpka put the full force of the UAW behind Obamacare. This deal was no ordinary company bailout. It was Obama/UAW cronyism, each getting what they wanted without regard to the rule of law.

I know full well that the UAW will not notice the absence of my money from their coffers, but I will and that's what matters.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Plus buying American in the auto industry today is like writing a check to the DNC via the UAW. After the bailout, no more American vehicles for me. When the 2008 Silverado dies, it will be replaced with a Toyota or Nissan.
    Perhaps if Republicans supported labor a bit more, then labor would support them back. Trump got a lot of the union vote. 54% in Ohio, for example. No secret as to why.

User Tag List