Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    No way, bro. You can't hide an ankle FAK under jeans, there's no tactical tomahawk loop, no semi-hidden mag pouch pockets, and without the crotch plates, well, fuck, they're not even pants.

Bitch I operate...in cargos.
    Dude, exercise. If you ain't got cankles, no prob hiding an ankle FAK under your jeans. Tacticalhawk loops are over-rated, put your shit on your harness or man up and break walls with your hands.

Crotch plates are for pansies with no balls. Dude, my balls are so big and brass, that I can't fit them under those wimpy ceramic crotch plates anyways.

I've been operating in jeans like a Pro for 31+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We like Levi's--501's make really good 4 layer denim test articles...
    Name:  73620827.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  34.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Where the fuck does he get off thinking that anyone cares what he thinks about this?
    Have you met many CEO's?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would be curious as to number of assaults, robberies, and crimes occur in and in the area from parking to their stores, and in their general vicinity.
    Darryl, companies do not get sued for crimes committed in the adjacent areas. They do get sued, and very successfully so, for harm that happens to their customer on their premises, especially so if they ignored prior occurrences of similar events. I am not naive or ignorant about said company's historical stance on the subject, but in this specific instance, there's very little to discuss. I personally want to believe that issuance of a non-enforceable letter, as opposed to gun ban, could be a subtle signal of their overall position reconsideration. Other companies reacted with complete bans for simply acts of OC; this one issues a plea after the gun was actually fired in their store.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    And here I am, sitting in my Unbranded UB101s, monochrome black Chuck IIs, with a wolf grey Naga for my top. #oaf
    Sugarcane and Iron Heart for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Dude - Selvedge denim is the new Tactical Black. Better than cargo pants made out of Doomsday Canvas or pants with integrated knee pads, ass padding, and ceramic crotch plates....It's higher quality, better looking, and stretchier than plain old denim. It's the new hottness. If you're not wearing Selvedge, you're not even operating, bro.

Dude, 21 oz unsanforized Iron Hearts are like individual body armor. And they protect the most important parts. The trick is to be able to put them on and walk in them though.

Why do people care what a company that has no involvement in firearms thinks of firearms? Toyota is probably anti-gun, and I could care less.

What is this story about an ND? I used to avoid trying jeans on at the store, but the last time I did I managed to safely handle my firearm...

I used to not like Levis, but most pants now have a bunch of stuff on them and look horrible. Like designer brands look like the pants people who wear Affliction or Tap Out shirts would wear.

Plus the ones with 3% spandex are awesome. You can actually do a squat with them on...
    Last edited by Trajan; 12-02-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I was the biggest Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Levi's you could imagine. Then those companies decided to be political. They likely gained some customers and lost folks like me. When you want to make business political, it is a choice that comes with consequences.
    Similarly, my wife and I are having a really hard time with remaining loyal customers of Penzey's Spices. They have truly excellent spices, but their CEO uses the Penzey's advertisement/coupon emails as his personal far left liberal politics ranting outlet, and it's super annoying. If there was another spice merchant with products of the same quality, we'd jump ship, but we're addicted to the quality, especially for the price, and we haven't been able to find a good alternative. I really don't care what Bill Penzey's personal politics are; I just don't want to read about his opinions of the election and its consequences in a coupon email. I feel like that stuff would be better suited to his personal FB or Twitter page, where his customers could choose to go if they were interested, rather than having that stuff thrust at them. Bringing politics into the business is poor form, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

What is this story about an ND? I used to avoid trying jeans on at the store, but the last time I did I managed to safely handle my firearm...

I'd like to know too.

What I don't like about trying pants in the store is that I often times need to leave the cubicle to look at a mirror. Therefore leaving my own pants with gun attached unattended. The only store that I ever go to these days is Nordstrom's, and 90% of the time I go there to use their alterations services on the pants I bought elsewhere. There is about 5-10 yards distance between fitting rooms and area where they do the measurements, and I always feel very uncomfortable with gun out of my direct control. So much so that I've started to lock it up in my car safe when i go there for those purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Sugarcane and Iron Heart for me.

Dude, 21 oz unsanforized Iron Hearts are like individual body armor. And they protect the most important parts. The trick is to be able to put them on and walk in them though.
    I need a pair. Samurai have caught my eye as well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Toyota is probably anti-gun, and I could care less..
    I mean...I suppose they could be anti-gun, but they are based in San Antonio, Texas for their production facility. I'd still buy a Toyota if they were anti-gun, because they are one of the better employers out there in car manufacturing. And they care about the community - we're talking about a group that when it had to shut down its truck production line, to make sure its work force got paid and didn't sit idle, they sent them out to plant trees and clean up the streets of San Antonio. Their perspective was if they couldn't make trucks, they should make a better community and keep their folks employed doing positive work. - That's good business philosophy, right there.

But Toyota, like most smart companies, just stays the hell out of politics for the most part. The exceptions being things like trade agreements and safety standards. Which I understand, because those two things really effect their bottom lines and have significant changes to their overall ability to continue to be a company...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I mean...I suppose they could be anti-gun, but they are based in San Antonio, Texas for their production facility. I'd still buy a Toyota if they were anti-gun, because they are one of the better employers out there in car manufacturing. And they care about the community - we're talking about a group that when it had to shut down its truck production line, to make sure its work force got paid and didn't sit idle, they sent them out to plant trees and clean up the streets of San Antonio. Their perspective was if they couldn't make trucks, they should make a better community and keep their folks employed doing positive work. - That's good business philosophy, right there.

But Toyota, like most smart companies, just stays the hell out of politics for the most part. The exceptions being things like trade agreements and safety standards. Which I understand, because those two things really effect their bottom lines and have significant changes to their overall ability to continue to be a company...
    Plus buying American in the auto industry today is like writing a check to the DNC via the UAW. After the bailout, no more American vehicles for me. When the 2008 Silverado dies, it will be replaced with a Toyota or Nissan.
    Last edited by Willard; 12-02-2016 at 11:30 PM.

User Tag List