Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Do those come in an assless version?
    Based on my experience with selvedge jeans, Japanese dudes have no asses. Wonder who'd be our local expert on Japan. I know Costa goes there regularly but he doesn't post here..

Many people, including owners/managers of private or corporately held business enterprises doubtless hold any number of poorly-considered or emotionally-determined sociopolitical views and opinions.

They'd usually be wise to air them under circumstances and with people inclined to be sympathetic to their ideas, and otherwise to keep them to themselves!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I wear wrangler and levis. I will continue to do so, if I boycotted everyone who didn't like guns I would never see any new tv shows, movies, read books, talk to half my family, or apparently shop for clothes. They are allowed their opinion, it doesn't mean I have to agree with. I would love to have an open discussion with the person who made this statement and try to persuade him to see my point of view but I am not outraged by his reaction.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 12-02-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    +1, that's my first reaction.

My second reaction is that, for a change, I don't understand the outrage about Levi's reaction. Let's get the priorities of attention straight. The first thing that needs to be talked about is that a moron brought a gun and had an ND in a private business. I don't see a single fucking word of an outrage about it.

The second thing that needs to talk about is if you really want to bring a gun to a shopping venue where you're likely to handle the gun and even possibly be separated from it, if for a short period of time..

Third, maybe perhaps consider that the company must take some sort of a visible action to protect itself from future litigation.

Fourth, they could've just banned the guns in their stores - and after an ND that endangered lives of their staff or other customers do you really have moral grounds to blame them? Instead, they issued an non-enforceable request.

I have zero problem with their position and I am disappointed in a dogpile that's happening. I know that historically they are anti-2A and they can be smacked for that, but if some moron ND'd in my business, my reaction could've been the same.
    I'm glad I read your post. Just reading the opening post doesn't explain what caused the letter to come out. The link gives a tad more info. Glad he posted the letter vs banning guns from his stores...even though I hit the outlet once a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I firmly believe that they have the right to ban gun from their property or as they are doing ask that people not bring guns in. It's their right. I don't necessarily agree that because 1 guy had an ND they should broad brush all gun owners as idiots. How would people feel if he asked black people to stay out since some store somewhere was robbed by a black dude. He'd be called a fucking idiot and rightfully so.

They have the right to ask and we have the right to either ignore them or take our $$ somewhere else. My choice is the latter. Never bought their overpriced crap and never will. $15.00 wranglers work just the same.

Vending Machine Operator
    I wear Lucky anyway. As far as I know they've never gotten politically stupid because they know they make JEANS, not public policy, they're more comfortable, better quality denim, and Levi never has enough room in the crotch.

Which probably says something about their clientele.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-02-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I don't necessarily agree that because 1 guy had an ND they should broad brush all gun owners as idiots. How would people feel if he asked black people to stay out since some store somewhere was robbed by a black dude. He'd be called a fucking idiot and rightfully so.
    How many NDs are sufficient for a corporation to act? Three? Until someone gets hurt?
    Black people will not get sued if one black guy robs a store. A mega million corporation will likely get sued for negligence if the next ND injured a third party and plaintiff made a point of a prior ND incident left without a corporate response. ND on business premises is a lose-lose proposition even for a pro2A organization. I've no illusion where Levi stands on this issue in general, but in this instance their response is as diplomatic as it can be.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-02-2016 at 12:47 PM.

"It boils down to this: you shouldn't have to be concerned about your safety while shopping for clothes or trying on a pair of jeans."

Oh, how thoughtful of him to decide when and where I should be concerned about MY safety.

We like Levi's--501's make really good 4 layer denim test articles...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

^^^
    That's awesome. I wish they knew that.

User Tag List