View Poll Results: Should Petreaus Be Considered for SoS?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure!

9 9.57%
  • Um, No.

85 90.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petraeus for SoS?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For the 3 people (thus far) who've answered "Sure!" to the poll, can you reply to the thread with your thought process?
    Misfire. To get the radio button to fill on my phone you have to stretch the screen and as I did it posted.

He's a smart man and served his country for 37 years. Unfortunately he screwed up badly. He should enjoy his retirement.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I laughed so hard when I read this that I'm just glad I didn't need to be wearing Depends® .
    Blues- I am 42, I waited till later in life to have a kid. Don't regret it at all. I sleep well knowing he can change mine one day

We tried for five years, then we were planning to go to Ireland, .... And then she got pregnant.

On a side note I just heard Pete Hegseth is a contender for the VA job. He is young and fired up, he might make a good one. Being a vet he knows the VA issues.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 12-01-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    After hammering away at Hillary for so long about mishandling classified stuff, it would be hypocritical to pick Petreaus.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Not that he needs any help with that. Between those two things and filing the cabinet with Goldman Sachs people, I'm wondering when people are going to realize they've been conned.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Hush now. Trump is the second coming of Jesus or so I've been told...As opposed to what he really is - a fucking carpetbagger.

Petraeus should be sitting in jail right now. It's convenient for him, that he is not. Sec of State? Fuck no.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-01-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    - He's plead guilty to mishandling classified materials
    Didn't read the whole thread, but it's been said that Betrayus got in less trouble for that than some Dogface or Jarhead who loses their rifle.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I think he'd make a brilliant SoS, but no, not after what he did. If it was just getting caught with his pants around his ankles, that'd be one thing, but knowingly passing classified documents to said piece of ass is another matter entirely. If he is appointed, then Trump has precisely no ground to stand on regarding Hillary Clinton and it would make him look like an even bigger hypocritical ass.
    This.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As I understand it, a Cabinet appointment would require a pardon...
    Based on what? Is there some law regarding that? I'm not aware of one, but haven't researched the topic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread, but it's been said that Betrayus got in less trouble for that than some Dogface or Jarhead who loses their rifle.
    I would suggest that the folks saying that are largely mistaken. Over 20+ years of service, I've seen a fair number of incidents involving lost weapons or sensitive items, none of which resulted in anything even remotely close to a $100K fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Blues- I am 42, I waited till later in life to have a kid. Don't regret it at all. I sleep well knowing he can change mine one day

We tried for five years, then we were planning to go to Ireland, .... And then she got pregnant.

On a side note I just heard Pete Hegseth is a contender for the VA job. He is young and fired up, he might make a good one. Being a vet he knows the VA issues.
    Haha. I turn 51 in two weeks, and the wife and I have a little boy that turns two in February. His grandma fed him something for lunch the other day, and he shit through a screen door for almost 24 hours. But man, little ones are so great. We have three others. Oldest is 12. Wife's younger, and we married when I was 38. Fun times, never too late to start!

BOT: like you said, he destroyed careers while at Campbell, and then tried to pull a fast one with that Reservist/reporter. One of my Soldiers was his RTO back in the day, and while he loves him, I have no illusions about how the General needs to stay away from government service.
    Last edited by Spurholder; 12-02-2016 at 06:13 AM.

I'm concerned to see the draft-dodging hypocrite surrounding himself with retired generals. Anyone else see a danger here? When all you have is a hammer, your problems look like nails.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

User Tag List