Thread: Some KRtraining Blog posts with P-F ties.

Site Supporter

Some KRtraining Blog posts with P-F ties.

Karl asked me to write a summary bit after some of my comments here. So there's a touch of redundancy. There's a second entry after mine with pictures of Darryl at KR for a class.

http://blog.krtraining.com/

Good stuff. Saw at least one other article there I want to read. Thanks.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I did that class with Caleb, Darryl and Wayne in Dallas.

It was very good, and an excellent reminder of why the "I would just do this...." idea is a complete failure.

You really have to practice, and drill, and then test some more.

Glen....excellent stuff, and observations very consistent with what I have seen over three decades of being a dedicated student and researcher on what happens in fights involving guns.

Observation on the "pocket micro autos". I generally hate them. I am very leery of actual real world deployment from pockets, they are hard shoot from "startle" draw (generally a totally crap grip), which leads to malfunctions (jam goes on toast...��), and poor shooting performance. I much prefer sub compact service guns like the Glock 26 or HK P2000SK.

Snub J frames....now these are truely pocket guns these days and excel in that role. The Centenials and real Bodyguards are very good for drawing from a pocket cleanly because of their shape. They are FAR more forgiving of problems in the scenarios where they are deployed in an extreme close quarters fight. They require practice and constant work and dedication....and those that often depend on them do not do the work and they are carrying a talisman. For those serious about the snub and really understand where they fit in the defensive firearm world, they are a solid tool.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Great read Glenn, thanks.

User Tag List