Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snubby SW 66's coming out

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to buy one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    SAFETY:Internal Lock
    Exactly. Would only pick up in the road to keep some kid from getting ahold of it.

This should be in the "Guns That Make Me Go MEH" thread.

I saw this and my first thought was that some distributor found a bunch of old trade ins. Imagine my disappointment.

If it has a full length ejector I will be interested. It would be a risk IMO, I had a new manufactured M67 for a couple of days. I took it back when I couldn't get it sighted in, it shot way off left, so much so even with the rear sight pushed all the way over it was still off at 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    If it has a full length ejector I will be interested. It would be a risk IMO, I had a new manufactured M67 for a couple of days. I took it back when I couldn't get it sighted in, it shot way off left, so much so even with the rear sight pushed all the way over it was still off at 10 yards.
    The solution for this is to recut the muzzle crown. A friend of mine bought a crowning tool from Brownell's and we tested it out on over a dozen revolvers, between his and mine. The amount that POI adjusted to POA, even with fixed sighted guns, was stunning. I had a 2 inch Model 64 that shot almost 10 inches left at 10 yards. After recrowning it, it shot 1 inch right at 15 yards. We didn't do it on any two piece barrel guns.

Makes me think the one piece barrel crowns were forged, not cut, but I don't know that for sure.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    This might be a worthy candidate for the "Plug". The original 2.5 barreled M19/66 guns are stupid expensive now.
    Where can I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The idea of that nearly 3" M66 sounds so sweet to me. But wheelies are mostly a guilty pleasure for me now and I've got the heebie jeebies about S&W revo build quality.
    Nearly 3" ain't anything like actually 3". That .5" is huge!

Here's how I see it. If I break my 19-3 I'll be sad but if I break a new 66 I'll be like "fuck you you souless excuse for a revolver. You deserve what you got." and then I'd make S&W fix it. Should make a nice shooter.

Surely someone at S&W has to know how people feel about that hole? They've already ditched it on some of the J frames and Hillary got beat. Nows the time to dump that Hillary hole and make S&W great again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Nearly 3" ain't anything like actually 3". That .5" is huge!
    But .25 inch is not as huge. It's been listed as a 2.75" barrel, not 2.5.

From the OP: http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SM10061
    Last edited by JHC; 12-13-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List