Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Meal Planning

And there you go, OP. We have now planned a meal.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Blue Apron and Hello Fresh are my go-to for meal prep.
    Paul,

Are there any major differences between the two? They appear very similar, so I'm guessing it's more for menu variety?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For the record, Aldis has some really quality food. Before them we tried Bottom Dollar, which was nice in some ways, but their own generic stuff was questionable. Aldis' generic stuff trumps most places, as it is usually more healthy, cheaper, and I think tastes better than everywhere else. As of now, we're stuck going to Giant Eagle for the few things Aldis doesn't carry.

As far as the OP, a crockpot as others have recommended can really cut a lot of steps towards prepping meals.I'll try and see if I have any real recipes to recommend, but I. The meantime, freezing chopped fruit and throwing in a blender with yogurt, ice cream, whatever, makes for a nice easy smoothie.

I just want to say thanks to Tom for reminding me that Aldi exists.

That place will be getting most of my grocery business from now on.

Glad I have brought some friends togehter. UPDATE, got some storage stuff squared away and am baking some chicken tomorrow. Potatoes/rice will be staples with these meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    They still charge for a cart but their GF beef is legit. Spinach, almond butter, eggs , milk , cheese also cheap there too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Going to have to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Going to have to check them out.
    Do it!

I'm going back after payday to stock up on my beloved Chuck roasts. They have a sale on it, and it's already in vacuum sealed packs ready for freezer storage.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Do it!

I'm going back after payday to stock up on my beloved Chuck roasts. They have a sale on it, and it's already in vacuum sealed packs ready for freezer storage.
    Back to the original topic, when it comes to meal planning for a week, I almost always end up making stew. I throw a bunch of nutritious shit in a crockpot and let it sit for a while, and then throw a shitload of hot sauce on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    Paul,

Are there any major differences between the two? They appear very similar, so I'm guessing it's more for menu variety?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    No major differences, just variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Glad I have brought some friends togehter. UPDATE, got some storage stuff squared away and am baking some chicken tomorrow. Potatoes/rice will be staples with these meals.
    Jennie o has preseasoned ground turkey , just need to brown it. Ate some today, pretty good for 3.99/lb

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

User Tag List