Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Meal Planning

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Jennie o has preseasoned ground turkey , just need to brown it. Ate some today, pretty good for 3.99/lb

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Very nice. I have made some big strength gains lately and I believe it's because I'm eating smarter and taking more rest. Almost to my goal of a 400 dead lift and 300 squat. I think eating "smarter" may get me there

I dropped 30# this spring by working out less and eating better foods.

Wife and I generally buy 3 ish meats per week(whatever is on sale), various seasonal veggies, eggs, nuts, and cheese.

Combine as you see fit. Typical dinner is grilled animal + sautéd veggies. Leftovers eaten for lunch. Leftovers leftovers get mixed with eggs, bacon, and spinach in a frittata type dish.

We avoid potatoes, beans, bread, pasta like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    I dropped 30# this spring by working out less and eating better foods.

I dropped about 30# this year as well since I'd managed to fatten up even more than usual during the wife's pregnancy. I didn't actually eat better though, just a lot less. I'd like to drop another 10# but that would likely involve giving up beer which is pretty much a nonstarter.

We've got kid #2 on the way though, so I better make sure no repeat embiggening occurs. The wife is more tired than last pregnancy so now I'm cooking about 75-100% of the meals instead of just half. Winter is a great time to use the crockpot more though, as I always end up craving more soups, stews, and chili.

The new instant pot is turning out to be pretty awesome as I can sauté, pressure and slow cook all in the same pan. Going to attempt some boeuf bourguignon in it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I dropped about 30# this year as well since I'd managed to fatten up even more than usual during the wife's pregnancy. I didn't actually eat better though, just a lot less. I'd like to drop another 10# but that would likely involve giving up beer which is pretty much a nonstarter.

We've got kid #2 on the way though, so I better make sure no repeat embiggening occurs. The wife is more tired than last pregnancy so now I'm cooking about 75-100% of the meals instead of just half. Winter is a great time to use the crockpot more though, as I always end up craving more soups, stews, and chili.

The new instant pot is turning out to be pretty awesome as I can sauté, pressure and slow cook all in the same pan. Going to attempt some boeuf bourguignon in it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main issue is I like beer also. I'll eat great all week but drink enough beer to really cancel out my healthy diet
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 12-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My main issue is I like beer also. I'll eat great all week but drink enough beer to really cancel out my healthy diet
    I solved that by eating less. I skip breakfast/lunch from Friday through Sunday which allows me to eat/drink as much as I want for dinner on those days and still weigh the same come Monday morning. I also pretty much don't ever eat breakfast any more as that allows me to have a more enjoyable portion for lunch and dinner during the week.
    Last edited by Matt O; 12-08-2016 at 09:14 AM. Reason: yay spelling

Oven Fried Chicken

Take chicken breast and split/butterfly them to get them nice and thin. Get your paprika, salt and pepper out.

Set up a dry/wet/dry station. This is the worst part (cleanup wise).

Put flour, s&p, and paprika in the first bowl/station.
    Put buttermilk, a beaten egg, and hot sauce in the second bowl/station.
    Put Panko breadcrumbs in the third station.

Season the chicken breast before you batter them to taste. Want them hotter add some red pepper or cayenne to them.

Dip breasts in flour, then buttermilk mixture, then breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes with a 3-5 minute broil at the end. Turn chicken over and broil the other side for 3-5 to get both sides crispy.

I do this on a Lodge cast iron pizza pan that is well seasoned. Add some creamed corn and peas or whatever for sides.

Do enough chicken that you can have the leftovers over a chef's salad the next day for lunch or night for dinner. We don't even heat up the chicken for the salad the next day: just slice it up and add it to the salad or wraps or whatever.
    Last edited by lwt16; 12-08-2016 at 09:37 AM.

User Tag List