Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The horror...the horror!! (Clickbait Thread)

The horror...the horror!! (Clickbait Thread)

This crowd can appreciate this - Something horrific happened to me today.

I left the office about 20-minutes ago to get a cup of coffee. As I walked out across the quad, I did my customary pat-down. Wallet, keys, phone, kni....fe... - Double check. Wallet, keys, phone, kni...fe. No knife. I left the house, without a knife today. I've carried a pocket knife everyday since I was 7-years old, baring when traveling on airplanes. - How could I forget a KNIFE?! What if I have an emergency and need it? What if I need my knife to cut open a package or a string. What...what...what...am I going to do?!

So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife and placed it in my pocket. Whew...crisis averted. Well...except that now I only have one knife to get me through the day instead of two. Hopefully, I make it.

Site Supporter
    Amazon has same day delivery if you live in the right place....!!
    Or there's always Walmart at lunch break.

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I forgot my FitBit last week. Had it on 24/7 since I bought it earlier this year. Spent all day not tracking my steps, like some kind of animal.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Name:  8d263dab3fb852e88f8f70fccc4196cabb05a8e739b5079f559c74d638a265c4.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  25.2 KB
    rule number 9
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 12-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I feel your pain. I feel totally weird, naked doesn't cut it, if I am without a knife. Some folks get it, some don't.

I did some volunteer work in a state prison for a while. The going into the prison part wasn't near as big a deal to me as having to leave my knife in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This crowd can appreciate this - Something horrific happened to me today.

I left the office about 20-minutes ago to get a cup of coffee. As I walked out across the quad, I did my customary pat-down. Wallet, keys, phone, kni....fe... - Double check. Wallet, keys, phone, kni...fe. No knife. I left the house, without a knife today. I've carried a pocket knife everyday since I was 7-years old, baring when traveling on airplanes. - How could I forget a KNIFE?! What if I have an emergency and need it? What if I need my knife to cut open a package or a string. What...what...what...am I going to do?!

So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife and placed it in my pocket. Whew...crisis averted. Well...except that now I only have one knife to get me through the day instead of two. Hopefully, I make it.
    So, the point of this post is that you're feeling edgy and are concerned you can't make the cut
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

The horror...the horror!! (Clickbait Thread)

Sounds like a good reason to take the rest of the day off
    Last edited by Eastex; 12-06-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    So, the point of this post is that you're feeling edgy and are concerned you can't make the cut
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-06-2016 at 01:48 PM.

So I'm reading this post on P-F, right, and wondering to myself "what kind of a person doesn't have two..."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife
    Ah. Well that's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    So I'm reading this post on P-F, right, and wondering to myself "what kind of a person doesn't have two..."

Ah. Well that's more like it.
    Upon reflection. This situation of not having a back-up knife would not have happened to me, if I was smart and stashed a spare in my desk at the office, too. And maybe another spare in the car (I think there are already two or three in the car...). And a spare in my office at the museum. And once I return the spare in my pocket to my bag...a second spare in the bag too.

Hmm, time to order more knives? I think so.

User Tag List