Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In car non-lethal

Giant can of bear spray. Don't actually deploy it, just threaten mutually assured misery.

Way out of my lane, so this is definitely a question for the OC certified: foam or gel-based OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I've sprayed from inside a car once. Wasn't a problem, just don't wait till they are in your window and make sure you have a nice strong stream version.
    The OP is asking about spraying into the back seat. Think uber driver.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The OP is asking about spraying into the back seat. Think uber driver.
    Ding ding.

Put the dog in the front seat. Tell them it bites.

a 3 D-cell maglite?

That's what I have in the front cabin. Would make a decent impact weapon. Just remember to hold by the bulb end and hit with the battery cap end. Battery cap end is solid metal and heavy. Bulb end is hollow and made of lightweight metal and plastic.

Site Supporter
    Too bad an ACES II ejection seat probably won't fit in a Honda Fit.

More seriously, if you haven't already done so, you should take Southnarc's ECQC class. There is a in-vehicle block that will give you an idea of what it might be like to have an altercation in your car.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Too bad an ACES II ejection seat probably won't fit in a Honda Fit.

More seriously, if you haven't already done so, you should take Southnarc's ECQC class. There is a in-vehicle block that will give you an idea of what it might be like to have an altercation in your car.

I have put a pallet and a half of hardwood flooring in our fit before...

With the new DoD Directive, I might be able to convince my base to send me to ECQC and bring it back. More likely they'll send an MP instead, but never hurts to try.

Site Supporter
    A 3D or larger Maglight is one of your better options, although with flashlight technology today there is little reason to carry such a large light if serving as a light is it's only purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    A wise old codger once told me that the C cell models were actually preferable to the D models as the narrower diameter made them easier for the vast majority of people to hold on to when the flashlight is being moved dynamically.
    I would note there are also a number of drop in upgrades to make it a more capable light re brightness, throw etc.

YMMV
    David Barnes

User Tag List