Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Guns that make you go "meh"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In fact, I could scratch every gun on my "meh" list off, as long as there is something fun to shoot at. Shooting at paper is pretty MEH-inducing. Sure, Dot Torture is a tough challenge, but steel is so much more fun to shoot. A reactive target makes it so I could shoot stupid meh guns all day long....
    I'm right there with you. I hate shooting paper with my favorite guns. I much prefer steel or other reactive targets. Yeah, you can't clinically analyze accuracy that way, but it's soooo much fun.

There's nothing more relaxing than a box of 22lr, a S&W M17, a couple empty cans, and a lawn chair.

Chris

Any plastic gun that isn't a Glock.

Almost any AR that isn't a Colt.

it's pretty much just iterations of special snowflake beyond those two. Guys decide they want something *other* than those two and then spend years and thousands of dollars coming up with the "why".
    Last edited by rob_s; 12-02-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I don't think I have any "meh" guns in the sense that if you offer to let me shoot it and hand me some ammo, I'll shoot it with a smile on my face.
    I'm pretty much with you on that concept. For me, the "meh" list goes something like this:

Anything that qualifies as "cheap junk" (Raven/Jennings/HiPoint/etc)
    Single action revolvers (this is my own failing - every time I try to shoot one fast, I short stroke the hammer and end up with a cylinder that has advanced, but an un-cocked gun. No fun.)
    Mouse guns
    Wood furniture semi-auto rifles
    Super heavy caliber guns. I'm not hunting dangerous game, and I'm not interested in punishing myself for shooting.

That's about it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Also, seriously, y'all don't enjoy race guns?

Those are fun guns to shoot. I probably wouldn't BUY one. But if someone else has an open class gun lying around to let me shoot, I'm always happy to do that. Particularly if there is a plate-rack involved.
    No joke. Shot somebody's .40 cal Limited division race gun after a match this fall, and that trigger seriously felt like cheating. As long as the front sight was somewhere near in the notch and somewhere near on the steel, bang, ping, even at fairly quick cadence. I can't *afford* one, and pistols with manual safeties are weird to me after years of exclusively shooting DA/SA decocker only pistols, but I feel like if somebody gifted me an Open or Limited gun, I'd adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    LOL, maybe. When a CZ didn't do anything for me, I kinda figured my hands weren't built quite like everyone else who raves about them...

And I'm more a fan of the Gen 3 17 than the 19... but yes, Glocks fit my hand like a glove.
    Yep, Glocks fit me to a T also. I don't believe any of the hype of the perfect John Browning designed angles etc. I can see now that in the 80's I adapted to 1911s. For many years now I've adapted to Glocks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    CZ 75 and clones and the 1911 platform. Love the look and design, meh the way they shoot. I tried to like them for years but they're mostly safe queens now.

Site Supporter
    Hearing loss and tinnitus have pushed me out of the "enthusiast" category, so I don't get very excited about any firearms anymore. I've greatly reduced the number and type of guns I own. I still like 1911s which I also use exclusively nowadays, and lever action rifles which I no longer own (might pick up a Winchester 1892 at some point just because I like the design). I actually like Beretta and Sig TDA pistols too but no longer own any. I like the Glock grip angle and the way they shoot but striker fired polymer guns are on my "meh" list in general even though I understand why Glocks are popular with both serious and casual shooters.

In the past year I bought two rifles which I've always been pretty "meh" about:

AAC MPW AR 300 BLK
    Remington AAC Micro 7 300 BLK

Yep, I'm pretty much "meh" about them but bought them because of the cartridge and the fact they are both easy to attach a suppressor to. Since owning them I've come to appreciate their good points as far as utility but they are strictly tools to me. In a way, that fact sort of makes me think those guns weren't a terrible choice -- there was zero emotional motivation involved.

Unfortunately for me these days, it would probably be a lot easier for me to make a list of guns that don't make me go "meh."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's more interesting than the answers are the apparent various definitions of "meh."

Pretty much anything that's not a bad-ass precision rifle.

User Tag List