Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns that make you go "meh"

Site Supporter
    I own / have owned a lot of these, and I might get kicked out of the country for naming some of them, but...they aren't my favorites.

AR's
    Winchester lever actions
    10/22's
    Remington 700's
    Weatherby Vanguards
    Rolling Blocks
    Polymer Frame Pistols
    Tubular Magazine .22's
    Single-Action Revolvers
    Thompson/Center Contenders
    H&R Single-Shot Rifles
    Single-Shot Shotguns
    Over/Under Shotguns
    AK's
    SKS's
    Mosin Nagants
    Benchrest Rifles
    .17 Rimfires
    Any rifle magnum designed in the last 40 years or so
    The 'standard' rifle cartridges - .223, .308, .30-06, .243, .270, .22-250, .300 and 7mm Mags
    .40 S&W, .45 ACP
    M14 / M1A's

In my defense, I mainly like oddball stuff. If I had to pick some of my favorite rifles in my safe, I'd be pulling out a few '09 Argentine Mausers, some vintage Rem target .22's from the 37 to the 40X time period, an Anschutz Super Match 1613, or a Ruger No. 1 in .450/400. Or if handguns, some Beretta 92's or S&W K and N frames.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Every rifle made by Henry Repeating Arms Co.

I demand satisfaction, good sir!
    Mare's legs at 20 paces at dawn.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I'm not "meh" about any gun. If it chambers a round, I'll shoot it.

I love shooting pistols! I have a real passion for them, but damn, if you have any type of gun and ammo, I'm all over it.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 11-30-2016 at 11:38 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I'm not "meh" about any gun. If it chambers a round, I'll shoot it.
    I love shooting pistols! I have a real passion for them, but damn, if you have any type of gun and ammo, I'm all over it.
    I can understand that, but I'm way more excited about any Beretta 92/S&W K frame/odd pre-War automatic over any modern striker fired plastic framed fo-tahy, or any number of modern Remchester black stocked bolties in the caliber of the moment.

I don't have much interest in small semiauto defensive "mouse" guns in small calibers.

Some people say they are better than a sharp stick. I remain unconvinced and would choose the stick.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I can understand that, but I'm way more excited about any Beretta 92/S&W K frame/odd pre-War automatic over any modern striker fired plastic framed fo-tahy, or any number of modern Remchester black stocked bolties in the caliber of the moment.
    It's a soul thing.

Any S&W semi-auto.
    AKs and SKSs
    Remington 700s

Mini-14s
    Nickel plated pistols
    <Matthew 10:28>

One thing I've learned over the years of selling, buying, shooting, and collecting guns - There is no one factor that predicts what someone likes.

I've also found that tastes change over time. A decade ago, you couldn't have convinced me to buy an AR15. Today, I own one and I'm building another and I've realized it is one of the best rifle platforms out there. But...the vast majority of AR15s are boring to me. There is nothing exciting about most AR15s to me. But then there is the occasional exception...Noveske Infidel Gen III and 16" Gen IIIs in general, HK MR556, LaRue OBR 7.62. Something about those rifles...I like them. The selection of parts to optimize both aesthetics and performance. That makes me happy.

But certain things never go out of style...accuracy and reliability. Broken guns and guns that I can shoot to the limits of their mechanical accuracy in short order are "meh" guns. I get it Cletus, your Remington 710 in 7mm Rem Mag is the most accurate and powerful gun on the planet and you want everyone to know it...The fact that it shoots hand-sized groups at 100-yards doesn't bother you. For some of us, that's a gun best converted to be a lamp or maybe a table leg...

I know why most "meh" guns make my list. They break or they can't shoot straight...

Site Supporter
    Are we talking guns of quality? Because all shitty guns make me go "meh"

As far as quality firearms go:

HK anything.

Open division guns.

Most modern s&w revolvers and their Ruger counterparts.

3rd gen Smith's

Guns designed specifically for shooting trap.

Otherwise I'm pretty chill with any quality firearm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List