Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Guns that make you go "meh"

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Add riflegear.com to that list.

Nephrology, an AR15 with a 15 round mag is still a great weapon. If you buy an AR15 I will send you between 4-8 15/30 mags as a present to start you off, just 'cause you're a cool guy.
    Oh.... you sure know how to tempt me

Thanks so much for the generous offer. An AR is not terribly high on my list of future purchases (next up is a 3rd G19, then either a .308 bolt gun or a Benelli M2/M4)... but I will definitely be in touch if that should change.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-01-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I might be labeled a heretic, but from an ergonomics standpoint, my "meh" list is...Lists all the guns with the best ergonomics on the planet..
    Are your hands broken?!

Those are the best guns on the planets from an ergonomics point of view. Next you're going to tell us you think that Gen 3 Glock 19 is the most comfortable gun on the planet.....

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Are your hands broken?!

Those are the best guns on the planets from an ergonomics point of view. Next you're going to tell us you think that Gen 3 Glock 19 is the most comfortable gun on the planet.....
    Ehh CZ ergos aren't the worst but they aren't the best either, particularly if you have to decock with a safety-only variant. Their DA trigger has a looooong length of pull, too.

As for HKs, I agree 100%... I wouldn't buy an HK that wasn't an LEM because I'll be damned if I am going to fiddle with their weird safety/decocker combo.

1911s, though.... yeah, he needs to put down the hash pipe.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-01-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Are your hands broken?!

LOL, maybe. When a CZ didn't do anything for me, I kinda figured my hands weren't built quite like everyone else who raves about them...

And I'm more a fan of the Gen 3 17 than the 19... but yes, Glocks fit my hand like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW, the P2000/P30 style decocker on the rear of the slide next to the hammer is awesome, and IMO, pretty darned ergonomic too.

Attachment 12053
    My favorite decocker!

Put a USPc grip on the P2000, but with a D-springed Beretta trigger.

Pure sex. That is my dream gun.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

At the moment just about everything that's not HKs with Gray/Holm work, 1911 with Christiansen work, Tanfoglios with Bodkin work, and Glocks with YVK work is very solidly meh to me.

Meh for me = everything besides:
    9mm glocks
    Colt AR's
    Shotguns
    .22's

.22's and shotguns are especially awesome.
    Non-5.56 AR's are especially meh.
    Last edited by ASH556; 12-01-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Meh for me = everything besides:
    9mm glocks
    Colt AR's
    Shotguns
    .22's

.22's and shotguns are especially awesome.
    Non-5.56 AR's are especially meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Revolvers
    Shotguns
    Race guns
    The first one but then the second one:

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    LOL, maybe. When a CZ didn't do anything for me, I kinda figured my hands weren't built quite like everyone else who raves about them...

And I'm more a fan of the Gen 3 17 than the 19... but yes, Glocks fit my hand like a glove.
    Sorry man...you're broken. You might want to see if they can get you a double hand transplant that fixes you...

Also, seriously, y'all don't enjoy race guns?

Those are fun guns to shoot. I probably wouldn't BUY one. But if someone else has an open class gun lying around to let me shoot, I'm always happy to do that. Particularly if there is a plate-rack involved.

In fact, I could scratch every gun on my "meh" list off, as long as there is something fun to shoot at. Shooting at paper is pretty MEH-inducing. Sure, Dot Torture is a tough challenge, but steel is so much more fun to shoot. A reactive target makes it so I could shoot stupid meh guns all day long....
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-02-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The Troy PAR is pretty neat, but I dig pretty mich everything.
    Truth. I love watching free market capitalism find innovative ways to work around ill-conceived gun laws, almost as much as I enjoy seeing the politicians who support those laws lose elections.

The Remington pump rifles that I shot in my youth left me entirely unimpressed though. Somehow, "accuracy" just didn't go along with "wobbly forend that limits support hand position."

User Tag List