Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns that make you go "meh"

Guns owned by pistol-forum.com forum members. Meh.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I might be labeled a heretic, but from an ergonomics standpoint, my "meh" list is
    CZs
    H&K
    1911s

Nothing wrong with any of them, but on multiple occasions I've picked up each of these with a thought of "this time I'm going to like it", and put it back. I might be inclined to give H&K another shot and simply learn to love it if they release a VP9 SK.

"Entry level" polymer guns. i.e. Ruger American, etc, etc. Spend $150 more and buy a Glock, M&P, Sig. Long term the extra 1-2 bills is an absolute non factor. It's not like the difference between a Rock Island 1911 and a Wilson Combat cost wise. Save up for an extra month or two and buy a better quality gun.

Site Supporter
    While I understand the purpose and supposed need - I am totally in the 'meh' camp about reading about the latest new trigger modification and superduper laser/light to insert or hang on any gun.

Muzzleloaders.

I almost fell asleep just typing it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'm glad to be in good company with "meh" feelings for 1911s and S&W TDAs

I also strongly meh Kahrs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

- AR-15s. Owned them, shot them, taught others to shoot them. Boring. The accoutrement that many private citizens and LEOs tend to buy to go along with them crosses the threshold from "boring" to "stupid" in my opinion (think the office worker pretending he's one of the dudes from Primary and Secondary).
    - The vast majority of the ban-fodder .223/5.56 semi-auto rifles. The only one that speaks to me is the AUG and I've managed to get my hands on exactly one of them, with no time shooting it.
    - Basically every non-Glock polymer SFA that ends up being the new hotness for six months or so. None offer significant improvement (a reason to switch) and all of them come with increased support costs and less available holsters and sights.

Somebody call me?

"Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    AK's, especially with wire underfolding stocks.
    Small pistols chambered in inappropriately large cartridges (e.g. Kahr PM40, .40 P2000SK or Shield, etc.)
    Pump action rifles
    Mini 14's
    Anything contaminated with Tapco accessories

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post

Not a big fan of Remington semi-auto deer rifles either.
    Gimme a BAR any time, eh?
    Father had a 30-06 BAR that he allowed me to use on some memorable hunts. Being a cheap skate I bought the same caliber Remington semi. I've regretted that decision everyday since. That Remington is dead to me.

User Tag List