Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipod Recommendations

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Bipod Recommendations

I'm in the process of cobbling together components for my first precision-ish rifle and I know... basically nothing about them. I have looked all over the site, and I cannot find a thread for bipod recommendations.

So to the precision folks round about, what bipod would you recommend? Where would you recommend buying it? This is going to be mounted on an AR-308, but I'm not sure what rail I'm going to be using yet. I don't mind spending money if the quality is worth it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I have been using Harris bipods for over 20 years and they work great. With having a limited amount of time behind an Atlas, I think they are solid but not enough to replace my Harris bipods.

I have a couple M Lok rails and the Magpul bipod adapter works well.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 11-30-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have an Atlas, and wish that I had just ponied up the money for it right off the bat, instead of trying a Harris first. Not that there was anything to complain about, but I enjoy using an Atlas quite a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use both harris and Atlas and like both.

Depends what you want to do. Competition sometimes favors the Harris, for ease of one handed speed deployment. Other times it doesn't matter. Atlas allows for some more flexible positions, especially on steep angles, but I have almost never used it that way.

They're kind of like holsters. You should probably just get a Harris to start with, and then decide later if you want to spend double the money on an Atlas.

Harris sbr with an arisaka defense adapter.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I really like the Atlas. You are welcome to borrow one of mine, and try it on your rig.

I use an ATlas with spiked feet. I sold my Harris and never looked back.

Big ATLAS fan. Get the version with the ADM QD mount, and simply move it from rifle to rifle....easy peasy. YMMV.

Best,

Will

Another Atlas user. The spikes are excellent for almost all conditions, except on smooth concrete. They also work great when you punch them through a car roof :-)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List